I'll let the links below do the talking *puts on shades*

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

Sprint - Nationwide Coverage

2zdmw02.jpg

2nbwwtt.jpg

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Knew this would happen eventually. I was just hearing they were going through some contract changes with other towers that they are using and had to take them off of the website. But who knows if that is fully true or not. I didnt notice any difference in my own coverage, but it is nice to see it back on the website and not feel like a prepaid network when someone talks about Sprints coverage map. :cool:

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
What's funny is they show service in my area on those maps. Yet everyone I know with Sprint still doesn't get service in the area. Those maps are super misleading.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
What's funny is they show service in my area on those maps. Yet everyone I know with Sprint still doesn't get service in the area. Those maps are super misleading.
But I thought you weren't on Sprint? Anyhow, I don't know how long the map has been like that. Just what I saw.

Knew this would happen eventually. I was just hearing they were going through some contract changes with other towers that they are using and had to take them off of the website. But who knows if that is fully true or not. I didnt notice any difference in my own coverage, but it is nice to see it back on the website and not feel like a prepaid network when someone talks about Sprints coverage map. :cool:

Well it may take a bit to go into effect, but time will tell. And this may have been the result of Sprint's network vision plan.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Well it may take a bit to go into effect, but time will tell. And this may have been the result of Sprint's network vision plan.

I dont believe that Network Vision has started yet. Sprint just went in and revamped their map. When looking at the big picture of the map it just shows voice coverage and data coverage with no details. Then as you zoom in more its starts to break it down by native coverage, roaming, etc. I do believe that sprint went out and struck a deal with alot of regional carriers and verizon to get thier coverage back. Other carriers maps has been like this for a while. Sprint shouldnt use the word roaming on thier maps. Just my opinion. Usually when people see roaming they think about extra fees when placing calls. Even though roaming just uses your anytime minutes on sprint. I know alot of people that wont use their phone when roaming because they think that they are going to get an outrageous bill. Until I explain what roaming is to them and what sprints roaming policy is.

Linkchomp

Droid Monster
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
all right guys, please don't turn this into a silly argument.

Coverages will obviously vary from region to region but k am looking at the big picture here.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
So what? Are you being personally harmed by it?

I was harmed.

Out of all the coverage maps I think Sprint has the most humble coverage map. Where as others just say yes we have coverage here. Sprint will show you it's service in Excellent, Good, Fair, Roaming. Others (At least the last time I checked) Just shade one color to show they have service there. Whatever level of service. One color.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I was harmed.

Out of all the coverage maps I think Sprint has the most humble coverage map. Where as others just say yes we have coverage here. Sprint will show you it's service in Excellent, Good, Fair, Roaming. Others (At least the last time I checked) Just shade one color to show they have service there. Whatever level of service. One color.

For the most part those maps are right for Voice and 3G. I get coverage all around my city but when i enter certain buildings my phone goes into roaming. I dont know if its just sprint. I know that verizon gets service in those buildings because thats the service that im roaming on. But I wonder do ATT and Tmobiles signals cut off in the same buildings.

huix0018

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Voice and 3G coverage is pretty strong for me. A lot of times it's better then ATT-Mobile. Similar or slightly worse than VZW.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
No, coverage is NOT back, at least in eastern NC. Finally went back to VZW when I kept dropping calls just outside of Raleigh.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The price of the service doesn't matter if you continuously drop service. I will stay with VZW in my neck of the woods, as it is the superior coverage, albeit more costly. I am getting a corporate discount, which helps!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hisoka_Ryuzaki