Switch to LTE and Voip

Sprint to switch to VOIP

• Total voters

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint, which I believe is, should switch to LTE: but, also on top of that: switch to Voip and improve data coverage and service.

Anyone with 2.3.4 do a voice chat through Google Talk? Amazing how much clearer a call is with that. On the same network.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Sprint has to build out their data network out extensively before they even attempt to do VOIP. I believe that VOIP on a cell phone is still about 2-3yrs away. Verizon is trying to be the first to implement VOIP thats why they are building out their network so fast. Seems to be doing a pretty good job too.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has to build out their data network out extensively before they even attempt to do VOIP. I believe that VOIP on a cell phone is still about 2-3yrs away. Verizon is trying to be the first to implement VOIP thats why they are building out their network so fast. Seems to be doing a pretty good job too.

True. I just feel like Sprint could do so much more than they are with what they have and how they portray themselves. If they could figure out a way to get the ball rolling even in select locations and start ditching regular voice and SMS they could put money else where and improve coverage and data.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if they are going to do VOIP, i can see an increase in overall cost per month for services.

Thats going to happen anyway rather they improve the network or not. Sprint is a good company dont get me wrong but they have alot of work to do. I almost left them this year but i bought a evo3d at full price so that i didnt have to renew my contract. Just keeping my options open. I have faith in sprint so within the next year or two I'll look to see what improvements are made and if they cant get the ball rolling on either LTE or 1x advanced then Im gone.

tybo31316

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I wish Sprint Rolled out with LTE instead of WiMax from the start

sprint had to go with wimax it was the first 4g available. sprint had to deploy some type of service on the 2.5 ghz spectrum they obtained during the nextel merger by a certain date which I believe was sometime in 2009 or the fcc was going to take the spectrum back. Wimax was the only thing ready at the time

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thats going to happen anyway rather they improve the network or not. Sprint is a good company dont get me wrong but they have alot of work to do. I almost left them this year but i bought a evo3d at full price so that i didnt have to renew my contract. Just keeping my options open. I have faith in sprint so within the next year or two I'll look to see what improvements are made and if they cant get the ball rolling on either LTE or 1x advanced then Im gone.

I'm going wherever the nexus is going. I was almost ready to go to Verizon until they went tiered. And doing the math to switch over 2 phones would have cost me over 1,000 to break contract and go over. So, I'm sticking it out with my Nexus S 4g which I love. And I'll wait to see who gets what and what rolls out where. And wait till my contract is up before I get something new. Unless I go and buy a phone outright. But the next Nexus has to be that much better. (Which I fear it will be. lol)

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm going wherever the nexus is going. I was almost ready to go to Verizon until they went tiered. And doing the math to switch over 2 phones would have cost me over 1,000 to break contract and go over. So, I'm sticking it out with my Nexus S 4g which I love. And I'll wait to see who gets what and what rolls out where. And wait till my contract is up before I get something new. Unless I go and buy a phone outright. But the next Nexus has to be that much better. (Which I fear it will be. lol)

Im with you on the nexus thing. Having have had other android phones and now comming over to pure google, i thought it couldnt get any better before this, now even happier with it. Dont think i can every go back. But we will just have to wait and see what kind of phones come out in the future.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Im with you on the nexus thing. Having have had other android phones and now comming over to pure google, i thought it couldnt get any better before this, now even happier with it. Dont think i can every go back. But we will just have to wait and see what kind of phones come out in the future.

Well hopefully the new Google Policies will make other phones better/bearable. But still. Coming from an Epic. (Which is like the same phone). It's unbelievable how making that amazing hardware Google owned makes a different. The Epic was good with 2.1. As soon as it upgraded to 2.3 it was horrendous. But I heard my friend the shift say the same thing about his 2.3 update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey