Can I sell a replacement device?

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
OK so here is my deal. I am a launch day evo owner and after complaing to sprint for a while now, they called me this morning and said that they will send me a new evo because I've been having so much trouble with mine. I will activate it and keep it for a month or so until I can buy something else. But will I have to pay them for the replacement device if I sell it later on?

Any help would be great. I am prepared to get flamed but I am not trying to scam sprint.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
You have to return the phone you are replacing.........they will charge you full retail for the phone if you don't.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It's not an insurance replacement. Executive services sent this new one to me and I asked if he wanted the old one back. He said No, I'll let you keep it.

You can take their word for it but I hope you kept his name just in case. I know a while back when I reported my phone as lost they sent me a replacement. A few days later, the bar I lost it at said they found it so I called Sprint back to see if they wanted me to end it to them but they said it was fine for me to keep it.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I would hang onto the defective original just in case, but you can do whatever you want with the second one.

I got a replacement BB Tour and had to send the original back, but I sold the replacement shortly after and switched to the Epic.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Call Sprint and check the ESN of the old phone after activating the new one. If the old phone has a clean ESN then you will be fine. However, I have some doubts that the manufacture said to keep the old phone while sending you a replacement with just a verbal over the phone. I would call and ask for some type of transaction history or receipt indicating you are not required to send the old one back. You don't want to have this one creep up on you a few months for now because it should have been sent back and the device is now sold with the money spent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx