Total Equipment Protection?

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I got this for my Nexus and wanted to know more about it. If my Nexus ever breaks and I have to use the plan, how much am I going to be charged for to get another phone? Is it like Verizon where you have Insurance and STILL have to pay $100+ for a replacement???

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Re: Total Equipment Protection???

Yes you pay 8.00 a month for the insurance and if your phone breaks, gets stolen, lost, or water damaged it is 100 flat to replace the phone. Now the cool thing about Sprint's insurance for 8.00 a month is if the touch screen stops working, charging port stops working, or anything stops working on the phone you go to the nearest Sprint store with a tech.

They will look at it and as long as it is not totally noticeable that you did they will repair or give you a replacement for free. Unlike Verizon when the charging port stops working or touch screen goes out and the tech laughs at you and says file a claim, Sprint on the other hand stands behind their devices unless it is so noticeable that you caused personal damage to it.

Yes I am a former Verizon customer too. I pay the 8.00 just for the piece of mind if something stops working on it they will replace the device for free. Granted I know 8X24 is 192.00 but honestly think for a moment does any manufacture today make a device that will last 24 months China said NO NO it be 10 minute. lol lol. And, I have better things to do then budget paying full retail price for the same phone again or looking for deals on craigslist or ebay, because our loving Government outsourced everything and the products went in the crapper.

OK OK I am off my soap box now. lol I hope this was of help to you.

Reactions: theblizzard2009

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

The way I explain it to my customers is it's like every other kind of insurance...you pay for it monthly and if you ever have to use it, there's a deductible. But at least youre totally covered!

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

why should anyone have to pay for a charging port problem? i have had mobile phones for 23 years and not on of them has has any charging port problems until my evo.....

it is a design flaw

sndplace

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

I have yet to pay for a new phone. I have not lost one or dropped it in water either. But as long as your under the warranty they will replace it. I feel though that if you pay 8 bucks every month x 12 = 96 for the year some of that should go towards the 100 fora new device. But I feel alot better when i drop my phone knowing that I'm covered.

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

Decided to go with my Best Buy and get the buy back and black tie. MUCH better and cheaper that way. Plus the phone was only a $1. Now I'm covered with EVERYTHING and don't have to pay a dime if it breaks or whatever. And when a newer nexus phone releases, cash in my Buy Back and get the phone :)

808dee

May 26, 2010
dee808.blogspot.com

Being a Sprint costumer for almost 10 years I have had to use TEP. It does seem to be unfair to pay $8.00 per month per phone and still pay $100 for replacement, but if you have any problems you can take the phone in to the store. If anything comes up all services will be covered under the plan. They might replace the phone if the problem is not user error and cant be repaired. I and some of my friends have had our phones replaced by Sprint at the store at no charge for problems they couldn't fix. At that point its like an extended oem warranty. Now if you didn't have TEP and something happen to that nice new $200 android phone that was only 3 months old then $100 is not that bad. But if you were past the 18 month point it would see like a waste of money. For me I kept my old phones and if must I would put the service on them till up grade time. Lets see $100 to replace a phone you probably got for $200 or pay off contract price off $500 to $600. That what I think about when I pay my bill every month. I pay the TEP fee for all 4 of the phones on my plan.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Being a Sprint costumer for almost 10 years I have had to use TEP. It does seem to be unfair to pay $8.00 per month per phone and still pay $100 for replacement, but if you have any problems you can take the phone in to the store. If anything comes up all services will be covered under the plan. They might replace the phone if the problem is not user error and cant be repaired. I and some of my friends have had our phones replaced by Sprint at the store at no charge for problems they couldn't fix. At that point its like an extended oem warranty. Now if you didn't have TEP and something happen to that nice new $200 android phone that was only 3 months old then $100 is not that bad. But if you were past the 18 month point it would see like a waste of money. For me I kept my old phones and if must I would put the service on them till up grade time. Lets see $100 to replace a phone you probably got for $200 or pay off contract price off $500 to $600. That what I think about when I pay my bill every month. I pay the TEP fee for all 4 of the phones on my plan.

I had taken my evo in to 2 corporate stores for the crackling speaker and they both told me they had to replace the phone and use the tep.

I told them that cost $100 the speaker is like $11 and several calls to sprint later they replaced my speaker free.......

You have to watch out or they will take your money and run. I cancelled my TEP after having to waste half a day getting a refund on my replacement phone that was billed to my account.

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

Yes you pay 8.00 a month for the insurance and if your phone breaks, gets stolen, lost, or water damaged it is 100 flat to replace the phone. Now the cool thing about Sprint's insurance for 8.00 a month is if the touch screen stops working, charging port stops working, or anything stops working on the phone you go to the nearest Sprint store with a tech.

They will look at it and as long as it is not totally noticeable that you did they will repair or give you a replacement for free. Unlike Verizon when the charging port stops working or touch screen goes out and the tech laughs at you and says file a claim, Sprint on the other hand stands behind their devices unless it is so noticeable that you caused personal damage to it.

Yes I am a former Verizon customer too. I pay the 8.00 just for the piece of mind if something stops working on it they will replace the device for free. Granted I know 8X24 is 192.00 but honestly think for a moment does any manufacture today make a device that will last 24 months China said NO NO it be 10 minute. lol lol. And, I have better things to do then budget paying full retail price for the same phone again or looking for deals on craigslist or ebay, because our loving Government outsourced everything and the products went in the crapper.

OK OK I am off my soap box now. lol I hope this was of help to you.

Agree 1000%

What consumers can never get through their thick skull, is that TEP protects you until your ready for another upgrade!

WHEN not if, but WHEN your phone breaks, sure without TEP you're saving $8/mo, AND sure your saving that $100 deductible, BUT guess what, your contract is for 2yrs! and most likely your upgrade eligibility, since most accounts fall within the Silver Premier Tier, unable to upgrade for 22/mo's. Now what are you going to do? Dish out $400+ for a new phone??!! LOL, i just hate ppl sometimes with their non-logical reasoning for NOT getting insurance on a mobile device.

The following customer Types need not apply: eBayer's, craiglisters, biz accounts, account services whiners, smarty mc smart smarts... these types will get around the system, and surely don't need TEP.

However the majority of Sprint subscribers fall under are not the type to get around the system, and TEP to them is perfect.

Plus the $8 goes to Sprint = supports the Advance Exchange Program (that **** aint free! they have to pay the phone manufacturer's, they have to take returns and refurbish them, ppl behind the scenes, shipping etc.) that $8 is necessary, or the whole service and repair system goes away, then what?

The $100 goes to Asurion (the insurance company) They are getting you another device well below Retail, well below COST, well below eBay, Craigslist, AND that **** ain't free to them either! They have costs!

Unless you know the first thing about business, you have no right to say "$8 is a rip off & i have to pay $100 for the refurbished device?!"

End of rant :)

Have a nice day!:cool:

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

I had taken my evo in to 2 corporate stores for the crackling speaker and they both told me they had to replace the phone and use the tep.

I told them that cost $100 the speaker is like $11 and several calls to sprint later they replaced my speaker free.......

You have to watch out or they will take your money and run. I cancelled my TEP after having to waste half a day getting a refund on my replacement phone that was billed to my account.

Not typical, your results will vary from store to store. Sorry you went through this, you were wronged, a crackling speaker is free fix/replace at the store, or through advance exchange. no need for $100 asurion to get involved. Just do your business elsewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol