4g outage in NYC

skld

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My Motorola Photon wasn't connecting to 4g for the last week in Manhattan or Queens. I finally got around to calling customer care, and it turns out they've been having an outage since the 14th. I asked for a credit since I have two 4g phones that have been without the 4g premium service that I have to pay extra for, and I was told they would pro rate a credit for the duration of the event once they fix it.

SprintNYCFan

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Wimax is not reliable, and if Sprint wants to survive that 4G story that Hesse will tell on October better be good. I have Sprint here in NYC, I never have problems since, but the service indoors is crap. I go outside and bang I get over 9.0 megabits down and 1.50 up. The speed is there, but Sprint using Wimax 2.5 Spectrum band won't help them to compete with the big boys.

skld

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
My 4g seems to be working again, though I didn't call customer service to find out if the outage was officially over.

skld

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had 4g since Monday again. Just got off the phone with Customer Care, and it seems that they are repairing it and it should be back on the 30th.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781