Still unlimited, for now

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Let's hope it stays that way. Their everything plans are, and have been since implementation, the best phone plans out there so far as pricing goes, especially after any mobile anytime. I'd be willing to go to a same priced plan with fewer anytime minutes so long as I keep my unlimited data.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
At this point, especially with the possibility of adding the iPhone, Sprint cannot afford to end the unlimited data plans. That is the biggest thing that sets them apart, and after raising fees and things like that, they are betting on a combination of iPhone with unlimited data to draw new customers. They are paying for it with higher fees and dropping the premier program, capping data on other things (tethering, mobile broadband cards).

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint needs to stay unlimited as long as they can. People will still stay for the price; but, they would be losing new customers who want unlimited data and look at coverage second.

Now, let me talk realistically here: I, personally, wouldn't mind if 3g stayed unlimited and LTE went to tiered. You know they are still going to have the lower prices. So instead of paying 50 5gb: keep the same price as is now for 5gb tiered. I never go over 5.

OR: I wouldn't even mind seeing unlimited 3g/4g* plan. You get 3gb of LTE and everything after is unlimited 3g for the same price as if now. Only use 4g when you need to download things or watch videos and you would have enough there for a more than average user. Because if you think about it: your not going to leave your 4g on if your just checking your email all day.

And then let's another 20 bux for 6gb of LTE. I think that's fair.

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I agree. The majority of smartphone users don't even cross the 2GB threshold. Eventually, as much as I love unlimited data, even Sprint will probably have to move to some tiered structure. I don't believe that it will happen anytime soon, as they have bet the farm on the iPhone now, trying to bring in new customers.

I think most people like the "idea" of unlimited data, even though they don't need or use it. Everyone was upset when ATT and Verizon set up their tiered data because they thought they were getting less for their money, when in reality, they are using the same amount, but now there is the "cap" that they are worried about hitting.

Sprint will soon have to follow suit, and Sprint customers (including myself) will be up in arms about it, but it won't happen until they have ridden the iPhone train as far as it will take them.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I just went outside and turned on roam control. 1 bar. Verizon. I'm helpless. Lol. Might as well stick it out with sprint. They will always have the cheaper prices and coverage isn't that bad around here.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Cnet is full of crap. They used to be a good tech news site. Now they are in love with Apple products and AT&T. Sprint said they have no plans on changing the data from unlimited. CNET is using fear mongering now that Sprint is getting the iPhone. They are trying to keep people from leaving their beloved AT&T.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Sprint can't change it. If they did it would be bad business! Spirits network is already crippled and coverage is hurting is some parts. Ya I know all networks are like that. But Sprint is sadly the worst. The cheap plans and good customer service is what keeps me around! I hope they get the network upgraded soon though. Still tempted to go back with Verizon.

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Sprint can't change it. If they did it would be bad business! Spirits network is already crippled and coverage is hurting is some parts. Ya I know all networks are like that. But Sprint is sadly the worst. The cheap plans and good customer service is what keeps me around! I hope they get the network upgraded soon though. Still tempted to go back with Verizon.

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

Did you say good customer service?

I guess 1 out of 15 ain't bad,

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Did you say good customer service?

I guess 1 out of 15 ain't bad,

I've been with Sprint for over 11 years, and I have always had good customer service. Everyone has different experiences with providers. Personally, I have always been treated fairly by Sprint. Throw in good pricing and unlimited data, and I am a satisfied customer.

Don't get me wrong, if something happens, I am not opposed to switching, but for me there are no compelling reasons to leave Sprint.

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I've been with Sprint for over 11 years, and I have always had good customer service. Everyone has different experiences with providers. Personally, I have always been treated fairly by Sprint. Throw in good pricing and unlimited data, and I am a satisfied customer.

Don't get me wrong, if something happens, I am not opposed to switching, but for me there are no compelling reasons to leave Sprint.

I guess I just have bad luck as I always end up on the phone with someone who hates their job and shouldn't be working there. I've had some exceptional service with Sprint reps before. Going out of there way the help me. But the majority of them are usually dumb and rude.

This one time I called in about a problem for GV+S and they told me there was nothing they could do for me over the phone and I had to bring it in. They opened a service ticket for me. I called back and got someone helpful after calling back 5 times and they told me the ticket that was opened read: "Customer remove GV from their phone; needs help re-installing". We both just paused and said: What?!

Bottom line is, though, they always give me what I want to make me happy when I do call. Eventually. So I guess what more can you ask for.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just have bad luck as I always end up on the phone with someone who hates their job and shouldn't be working there. I've had some exceptional service with Sprint reps before. Going out of there way the help me. But the majority of them are usually dumb and rude.

This one time I called in about a problem for GV+S and they told me there was nothing they could do for me over the phone and I had to bring it in. They opened a service ticket for me. I called back and got someone helpful after calling back 5 times and they told me the ticket that was opened read: "Customer remove GV from their phone; needs help re-installing". We both just paused and said: What?!

Bottom line is, though, they always give me what I want to make me happy when I do call. Eventually. So I guess what more can you ask for.

Yes I can give you that. the communication from Sprint is bad at times. But like you at the end of the day they all most always give me what I want when i call them up. I hope this gets better too. It's annoying at times.

Rocking the HTC EVO 3D

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I have had some CS problems as well. I was having service issues a few months ago, and talking to the first CS person, they recommended I bring in my devices to a store to have them checked out... All of them. So, if I understand this, I have 3 phones, a tablet, and a laptop, that are all "broken" and the service is working fine? I hung up with this person, called back, and talked to someone different who was very helpful and resolved the situation to my liking.

When it comes to customer service, most reps are stuck with a script, and are not supposed to deviate. They also have good days and bad days. I'm sure it is like that with every provider. When I have problems, I try and go to the same Sprint store and talk to the same person. If I have to call CS, I will simply keep calling back until I find someone who can help me.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I also try to avoid calling customer service. Sometimes you get someone very helpful, sometimes you don't.

For example, I recently called because of the new mobile hotspot 5gb cap. MySprint is listing all usage together, rendering it impossible to track what is phone usage and what is hotspot usage. The first time I called, I was told that it was supposed to be separate and MySprint needed to be refreshed. I was told I had used 111mb hotspot data (i know for a fact i've used at least 4gb). The girl I was talking to then proceeded to tell me my wifi usage should be listed there too, but I "wouldn't be charged for that."

Wait... What!?

When I called back I had a good laugh with the other girl, who then cleared up my question (the limit won't start until the billing cycle starting on or after Nov 1, so the 15th in my case). For the record, there's no Big Brother conspiracy, they can't track your wifi usage. LOL

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I have had some CS problems as well. I was having service issues a few months ago, and talking to the first CS person, they recommended I bring in my devices to a store to have them checked out... All of them. So, if I understand this, I have 3 phones, a tablet, and a laptop, that are all "broken" and the service is working fine? I hung up with this person, called back, and talked to someone different who was very helpful and resolved the situation to my liking.

When it comes to customer service, most reps are stuck with a script, and are not supposed to deviate. They also have good days and bad days. I'm sure it is like that with every provider. When I have problems, I try and go to the same Sprint store and talk to the same person. If I have to call CS, I will simply keep calling back until I find someone who can help me.

Gotta love the:

"Hey how are you, um, yes. Hello?".

"How may I help you"

"Yes, I can see um see how frustrating this can be for one. I apologize as, um, yes, I would be very upset if this, um, happend to me. Um, yes... hello".

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Gotta love the:

"Hey how are you, um, yes. Hello?".

"How may I help you"

"Yes, I can see um see how frustrating this can be for one. I apologize as, um, yes, I would be very upset if this, um, happend to me. Um, yes... hello".

LMFAO!

ahhhhh...........gone todash..............

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Makes you wonder what people who answer the phones for customer service think when they themselves have to call CS...

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Dan Hesse has already said if the network strain is too much they will get rid of Unlimited data.

A girl from sprint customer service told me, and I quote, "So long as the iPhone people don't ruin our network, we have no plans for doing away with unlimited data."

One of the wittiest, and probably most truthful, things any customer service rep has ever told me.