Would You Buy a G-Nexus from Sprint now with No 4G Till Mid 2012?

If Sprint offered a Galaxy Nexus with LTE now, would you buy it?

• Total voters

nexus4ever

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Ouch, that is a very touch question. The slow 3g speeds would make it tough but I believe I would have to tough it out to hold that bad boy in my hands.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

NOMster

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't need it with the nexus s getting updated soon anyway. I can wait till the next nexus even.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Donmeister85

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Would You Buy a G-Nexus from Sprint now with No 4G Till Mid 2

I would get it now with no problem. 3G is tolerable in my area. I have wifi at my job and at my house, so I very rarely use a lot of data on Sprint's network.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

4G isnt that great anyways. I am fine with 3G for the most part. My city where I live I don't get 4G anyways. :p

Boston's 4G is spotty at best anyways. So for me its not a selling point.

Also the phone is made by Samsung. Terrible company. So by default I am not interested!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

I've never used the 4g on either my EVO or NS4G and I've had 4g covereage in my area since the EVO launched, so wouldn't bother me, I'd get the GN.

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I voted no...primarily because it would almost certainly not have the LTE radio required for Sprint's forthcoming LTE expansion. This is the same reason that I am having a hard time sticking with Sprint. I am off contract and the current generation of phones looks tempting, but Sprint's network is tired and any Sprint phone purchased before 2012 is somewhat of a dead end. I'd be on VZ tomorrow if their pricing and plans didn't suck so badly.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait for LTE and pray for network improvements. Can't best the pricing which is the biggest factor for me.

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm in a similarly frustrated boat as some of you above:

1. I doubt that the GN would come with the LTE radio anyway but in the unlikely event that it would I'd consider getting one.
2. I'm *really* ready for a @#$^! upgrade but it seems that if I stick with Sprint it is pointless to even think about a phone until mid-next year.

*sigh*

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

I bet my Palm Pre- with 1.4.5 will be updated waaay before G-nexus!!

:p

scuba_steve

May 1, 2011
Visit site

I bet my Palm Pre- with 1.4.5 will be updated waaay before G-nexus!!

:p

Yes...and as long as Sprint is able to keep replacing my wife's and my Pre Minus when they die on TEP (as they had to do this week), I am sticking with it. I just don't see it being worth locking into a new plan for 2 years with a ten dollar premium on each line for what is certainly a great phone, but one on a tired and dying network.

When I use my daughter's Epic, I am also amazed at the state of Android usability (or lack thereof). ICS seems to be a big leap forward in that respect, but buying one without an LTE capability when Sprint is poised to ditch WiMax for LTE within six months or so seems like a bad idea. Thus, I keep rocking my Pre and biding my time.