Question about Sprint's repair centers

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with my charging port. My phone has to be elevated and the planets have to align just right for it to charge. I'm considering taking it into a repair center (i really don't want to get asurion involved unless I have to).

My phone is rooted. Sprint has now changed their terms of service stating that that's against the TOS. My question is, will I need to unroot before taking it in, even if it's just a hardware issue? I really don't want to get busted for something this dumb. I know if I were to have to trade it in i would have to unroot, but for something like this, should I to be safe?

(note - my phone is out of warranty so I don't have that option. Or issue, really, because there wasn't a warranty to void)

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
if you have insurance it should be covered..even if your phone is rooted its still covered under sprint policy....it all depends on tech they can just replace it there or order you one which can take up to 2days....i had my evo phone replaced while it was still rooted.....even if you dont have insurance they'll just charge you $35...

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok... Well I took it in and apparently there was a major defect with my charging port. Had to get asurion involved. Dangit.

Plus side - they're sending me an Evo3D. So I get an upgrade out of the deal.

Down side - I'm having to use my old Blackberry Bold 9650 in the interim. At least I like the phone, but MAN I miss my evo.

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
was the phone wet or was the motherboard bent? if not its still covered under insurance in store for no charge...my boy's evo charing port was missing and they still took care of it with no charge..if i were you id to a manager or somewhat..also did you go to a corporate sprint store...i hate that the sprint stores are not all on the same page... i went from evo to 3d its okay i deff mis my evo...

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Phone was fine, but apparently the charging port had been sodered on via two little wires. I spoke to a manager and he said that was highly atypical because sprint will just toss a motherboard rather than doing that. It was covered by insurance, but was unfixable so they're sending me a new phone.

Looks like my evo was a really, really bad refurb. It'll be interesting to see if my 3d is a refurb or a new phone. Can't wait til it gets here.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My brother JUST got an Evo 4G replacement. He dropped his. They just gave him a NEW Evo 4G from the store that they had. He ended up paying $100 for it. The damage was his fault so it only makes sense. You will love the 3D I am sure. I have one and its been great so far. New or used..as long as it works you will enjoy it!

Enjoy the new device.

michikade#AC

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I just got my replacement. It was a brand new in box 3D. I'm happy. I like that it's a little narrower than the 4G. Haven't really gotten it to how I like it but that will take a week or two, haha.

Sent from my EVO3D using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski