Wth is happening with Sprint Service?

Lilin28

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed over the last week or two that service in my area is getting worse by the day. It's really ticking me off that I am paying for something that I can't utilize the way it is meant to be.

Sent from my Evo 3D using Tapatalk

saintv90

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Same problem. I've actually gone into Roam in areas where I usually have full signal. And my data speeds seem much slower than normal. All those "pay as you go" plans taking up bandwidth.

Lilin28

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Yep where I'd get full bars "3g" is now almost nothing. So glad I have Wi-Fi to connect to @home, but then I can just get on the computer.
Hard to talk to someone when it keeps breaking up..Google Voice has come in handy at home.

I may have to switch, it is becoming too unreliable. I am on the road all day at work and in areas that are supposed to be great data and voice coverage...key word "supposed"

I live in Ohio in the Dayton area. Is there anyone else around here or close with the issues also?

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
my service signal and speed has been reduced even tho they did that network vision thing. i really hope tht sprint gets it together and improves drastically in the network and bring better voice and data speeds.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Here in Hawaii a couple of months back my signal and speed were going downhill big time.
I was getting about .6-1.2 MB DL and 400-600KB UL in 3G. It went down to like .2 MB DL and 50KB UL. My 4G used to top out about 7-8 MB DL and 1 MB UL. It seemed the 4G didnt really didn't get affected.
3G was so frustrating. And like you I went into roaming often. I updated my PRl and Profile countless times my battery drain was getting bad.

But after about 2-3 weeks the speeds and signal improved greatly. And my speed now average
over 2MB DL and 700KB+ UL
My 4G now is constantly in the 12-13 MB DL speed and UL 1.5 MB
UL.

My phone actually feels much,much faster in loading webpages.I also installed Ram Manger Pro by Juwe11 (best 2 dollars i have spent on my Evo. I use the Hard Multitasking setting))from the market.

reminiz

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep where I'd get full bars "3g" is now almost nothing. So glad I have Wi-Fi to connect to @home, but then I can just get on the computer.
Hard to talk to someone when it keeps breaking up..Google Voice has come in handy at home.

I may have to switch, it is becoming too unreliable. I am on the road all day at work and in areas that are supposed to be great data and voice coverage...key word "supposed"

I live in Ohio in the Dayton area. Is there anyone else around here or close with the issues also?

Gracing your presence on my Evo 3D.

I've been having the same problems, Dayton area. I've had Sprint service at my residence for 6 years now, and all of a sudden in my family room I will just go to a roaming mode for no reason. And when people call me, they say I'm breaking up really bad. Also, it seems like when people call me, it will ring 5 or 6 times on their end because it rings once on my end.

The ringing issue has been going on for about a month now, the roaming issue just started about a week ago. I really need to call Sprint or go to a Sprint store and see what's going on.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I loved sprint because of their prices but their 3g data speed was abysmal and the 4g couldnt penetrate a wet paper bag. It also was spotty at best.. I had to go to Verizon unfortunately. Verizons LTE is no joke! But data caps suck ball sack lol. Im fine with 4gb's though as I never went over that on sprint.. Probably because 3G was too slow but we will see.. IF sprint gets a really good LTE network I may come back but that was the reason I left.. When I went to the gym and couldnt stream pandora because of the lackluster speed and 4g wouldn't penetrate the building that was the last straw! I pull for the little guys but they never deliver.. Same with T-mobile.. Wouldnt even work at my house without dropping calls every 3 mins.
Edit/Delete Message

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
LOL you guys have it made in my eyes.

I don't have a reliable 4G signal anywhere near where I live and the 3G data has been horrible for at least a year. Even though I may have 3 or more bars signal speed tests regularly show my ping at or above 1 second (that's right 1000ms) and download speeds below 30kbps. That's pretty much the entire south side of Springfield, MO for those who might wonder. LMFAO I live about 180 miles from the Sprint HQ and I'm hosed.

My wife works on that end of town and has given up trying to use her phone to do anything other thank voice and simple SMS during her 8 hour work day. We have both tried (repeatedly) to browse the web, use apps or send MMS and nothing happens. This is on a daily basis for almost a year. I've asked Sprint about it and guess what? Of course there isn't a problem sir. Yippee.

smileshappy

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have been withsorint for over 11 years..

I live in south east Michigan (suburbs of Detroit). About 2 years ago is hen things started going downhill
I had a sprint data card for the laptop. It was actually pretty quick at first. Tbn got soon bad I
Finally had to drop it. The Sprint Rep said yeah there are known network issues in your area.
Fast foward to 1.5 years later got my evo. Data speeds are terrible. It has gotten soon bad that at times I have actually pulled 0.00mbs !!! This really renders the phone useless for data.

Then right around when the I-Phone came to sprint.. dropped calls. Something I have never had with sprint! People saying they can not understand me. Very poor call quality. Text's not going thru or delayed text( get days later)

I actually had this discussion with some coworkers who have sprint. They all are having the same issues. Some alot worse than me. Since sprint has changed thier discount policy we are all talking about jumping to AT&T. We have all pretty much had enough. And we see a way out of contract now.

I have also gone into roam alot more now. There is actually Minutes of roaming on my cell phone bill.

ondaedg

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint trying to cancel my service for the same exact reason: the data is unusable and unusable is the key word here. Speeds of .01mb's are not uncommon for me in northeast ohio. Even the most basic web pages take 5+ minutes to fully load. I couldn't even check my fantasy football scores in the middle of a busy commercial area where it said I had full signal "strength".

My wife and I are paying about 100 dollars a month between us for data service that does not work over 75% of the time even when standing in the middle of the street in heavily populated areas. They're giving me the run around that there are problems with towers in the area blah blah.

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Just got off the phone with Sprint trying to cancel my service for the same exact reason: the data is unusable and unusable is the key word here. Speeds of .01mb's are not uncommon for me in northeast ohio. Even the most basic web pages take 5+ minutes to fully load. I couldn't even check my fantasy football scores in the middle of a busy commercial area where it said I had full signal "strength".

My wife and I are paying about 100 dollars a month between us for data service that does not work over 75% of the time even when standing in the middle of the street in heavily populated areas. They're giving me the run around that there are problems with towers in the area blah blah.

Be persistent. They will cave and let you out.

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
LOL you guys have it made in my eyes.

I don't have a reliable 4G signal anywhere near where I live and the 3G data has been horrible for at least a year. Even though I may have 3 or more bars signal speed tests regularly show my ping at or above 1 second (that's right 1000ms) and download speeds below 30kbps. That's pretty much the entire south side of Springfield, MO for those who might wonder. LMFAO I live about 180 miles from the Sprint HQ and I'm hosed.

My wife works on that end of town and has given up trying to use her phone to do anything other thank voice and simple SMS during her 8 hour work day. We have both tried (repeatedly) to browse the web, use apps or send MMS and nothing happens. This is on a daily basis for almost a year. I've asked Sprint about it and guess what? Of course there isn't a problem sir. Yippee.

We've been having all sorts of issues like this, but our main concern is voice. We have very poor signal in and around our house now where we have had great signal for the seven years prior. I'm TOLD there is not a problem with the tower...but the problem is they aren't here to see the actual problem. I'd love to challenge them to come to my house and see it for themselves.

The first time we complained they sent us an Airave and it seemed to do the trick, but then we noticed weird stuff happening - echoing and delays - during phone calls. It became a major annoyance. The data was great, but the voice calls were the main problem and it is now unacceptable.

I would love to know if there is a way to boost the signal without using that Airave. Is it possible? As it is, switching to another carrier is going to be too expensive...not just because of the phones and ETF, but also because of the monthly service price. Verizon and AT&T run at least $40/month more than what we currently pay with Sprint. Does anyone know of any sort of signal boosting equipment we could get to 'amp it up' in our home? The Airave is not an option and I'm ready to dropkick that piece of junk for all the frustration it's caused.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
After years looks like I'm taking my whole family to at&t( since they have any mobile to mobile and verizon don't).

Over the last 8 months or so, sprint has just gotten worse and worse. Data on all my familys phones is basically unusable. speeds in the 50kbps to 150kbps range. (at 2 or 3am you can hit the 300's. LOL ).

Sprint:
family plan: $129.00
3rd line: $19.99
3 data: $30.00
Total : $179.00
(data unlimited, but unusable at speeds sub 200kbps)

AT&T
Family 700: $69.99
3rd line: $9.99
Unlimted text and mobile to mobile: $30.00
Data: 3x3GB plans: $90.00
Total: $199.00
(Data only 3GB which is ok for my family (I might go 5GB) but at speeds over 3000kbps and usable 3G).

Whats funny is I get a larger discount at AT&T and believe it or not thier fees are lower. So while AT&T is $20 more expensive on paper. After discounts and fees. It comes out even (within $2 dollars or so.)

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Some of the problems are caused by market forces others are caused indirectly by Sprint:

1. More smartphones using data. Even more impressive when you consider that smartphones started outselling PCs in 2011. Sprint estimates that smartphones use 10 times the data a regular phone uses.
2. Smarter smartphones using MORE data. Users of the iPhone 4S use twice as much data as iPhone 4 users and three times as much data as iPhone 3G users.
3. Extreme refugees. After someone gets booted from AT&T or Verizon for exceeding their caps where are they going to go? Keeping in mind that 1% of extreme users consume 50% of the bandwidth You can be sure that Sprint has more than their fair share of hogs.
4. Sprint's u-turn on 4G. The other carriers have two pools of data they can give to their users. As folks upgrade into the shiny new 4G pool, it eases congestion in their murky 3G pool. Sprint's half-built, shared Wi-Max network doesn't give them that luxury and it isn't going to get better before 2013ish when Sprint's NEW LTE network rolls out. Many parts of the country don't have Wi-Max coverage and aren't going to get it - EVER (Phoenix, America's 5th largest city for example).

Last edited:

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint has been pretty much garbage here lately. So bad that I forced roaming enough to where they finally gave me the boot. I'm on Boost now because I'm too cheap to pay for a higher priced carrier, and it's still unusable at times.

Network Vision, my arse.

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Network Vision is just starting to roll out and Boost = Sprint so what did you expect

Some people fail to realize these things take time. I am willing to ride out the storm as I believe it will be well worth it.

Boost = Sprint
Virgin = Sprint
Too many MNVO's to list = Sprint Network

Needless to say its crowded