Picked up a 4G Signal in Los Angeles!

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Came in to work today in downtown LA, and decided to turn on the 4G antenna just to see what would happen. Surprisingly, the Evo picked up a 4G signal. I was surprised, since 4G isn't scheduled to be rolled out in LA until later this year. Not that I'm complaining. ;)

It's fast, man. Looks like that $10 Evo tax is paying off. :)

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
i wonder if it'll make its way down to SD any time soon...

Dont hold this to me but i heard i will be rolled out in SD by the end of summer. Rumor has it that they are already rolling it out in Oceanside right now.

P.S. i heard the 4g by end of summer from an RS employee that just had talked to the Sprint rep an hour before i came into the store. I'd take that with a grain of salt really.

rEVOlution

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I was wondering how far the 4G signal goes too. I live in Pasadena which is only about 10 miles east of LA so hopefully it has a good range.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there will be 4G service in limited areas around Anaheim and SD. This was a pleasant surprise in LA!

lembowski

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I would love for SD to get it soon. What I'm hoping for is the Walmart deal to go through. I live right next to Qualcomm Stadium and there is a Walmart less than a mile from me.

fortemusic

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's a little bit of a secret but there have been towers in Santa Monica for about six months, it's a slow test deployment but you'll see a couple more here and there, with a full roll out by the end of the year. Great news right?!

cd419

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
It's a little bit of a secret but there have been towers in Santa Monica for about six months, it's a slow test deployment but you'll see a couple more here and there, with a full roll out by the end of the year. Great news right?!

That sounds awesome thanks for the info ! I live in Santa Monica and was worried about waiting for 4g coverage. Any idea of what's the coverage like? Is it usable around town or only in small spots? I can't wait for Friday!!