Calling all Sprint gurus!

Adam Sawyer

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I need some advice that YOU might be able to help me with.

Like a lot of people, I'm switching over to the Evo on the 4th. I'm using the Moment now, and just sold it on eBay. So, how do I clear off my ESN of this device before I ship it? I figure I'll just be phoneless for 3 days or so.

Is this possible? Or do you HAVE to have another phone to transfer your ESN to?

By the way, I'll be opening up a new line and activating the Evo on that when the time comes.

I know its kind of a confusing situation, but I can't find the answers anywhere. I tried explaining it to one of the chat reps but she was from India and didn't really understand my predicament.

Thanks in advance guys!

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
You will need a phone on your account...that is for sure.

also, you can't clear the ESN. The ESN is phone specific.

So you will have to somehow get a temporary phone as a "place holder" or just wait until June 4th to sell it to your ebay. I'm not sure how receptive the buyer will be about that though.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
if you have an old phone just use it. i broke my pre and am using my 3-year-old treo 700p until friday. if you don't have an old phone ask some friends that have sprint..someone should have one.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
not a problem...good luck!

I actually lost my phone 2 weeks back, so I just went to Sprint and bought a phone at full price (not giving my account info and saying it was a present for someone else). I'll just return that phone after I get my Evo within my 30 day limit.

I bought a rim 9650....the thing still lags and is a POS...im done with RIM now

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Ask all your Sprint friends if they have any deactivated Sprint phones laying around in drawers anywhere. I know I have like 3 of them that I never thought would be worth putting on Ebay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana