Sprint contract change. Waive etfs?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
With Sprint changing their policies on the rate plan discounts, people are reporting that they are able to get out if their contract with sprint and get their etf's waived. My question is could this be done just so you can get out if contract and upgrade again whenever you want?

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
For me when they did this is in the past as well with other customers I know your contract and upgrade timer are two different things.

They can and will waive your contract but you will still have to wait to get a new device until the timer says so but you are free to go at any time.

There are a few ways around that if you want a new device you sometimes will get a rep that is new or wants to be nice and will reset both when they waive your contract. The other way is once the contract is waived wait a month or two and call and say you want to renew that line that does not have a contract can you please reset the upgrade timer and they usually will but you have to wait a month or two if you try doing it the same month they look at the notes and catch one.

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
even if your ETF is waived, your upgrade still runs its course based on the last time you upgraded at the promotional rate.

I'm living proof of this.

When i moved from one state to another, the home address in which i reside at the new location was in roaming only (even according to the sprint.com coverage map).

For this reason, since they do not provide service at my service address, they let me out of the contract. However, this did not reset my rebate/upgrade eligibility, that is still based on 20 months from my original purchase date at promotional pricing.

The only exception to this rule is account services. They have the power to do whatever it takes in the retention of your patronage. Here is were you can be given the world coated in chocolate, or sent home with your tail between your legs.

angreepanda

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I called got my contact switched to month-to-month. Been thinking about switching to either VZW or Tmo but there data plans suck

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
No plan on leaving Sprint but it would be nice to be out of contract regardless. What are you all saying when you call? Something like since you are changing your discounts switch me to month to month?

Reactions: cabrone

leprechaunshawn

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
No plan on leaving Sprint but it would be nice to be out of contract regardless. What are you all saying when you call? Something like since you are changing your discounts switch me to month to month?

I?m also curious what the gameplan is with this. I?ve tried on other occasions when they made materially adverse changes but to no avail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz