This just in - take any Sprint phone to Platinumtel prepaid!!

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
$25 a month? I looked their plans and even $60 only gives you a gig of data. You either barely use your phone or you're compensated to spam.

It's really not a value for heavy users. Boost is unlimited across the board, piggybacking on the same network, and cheaper from the start and keeps dropping if you're loyal. Gotta use a lesser phone (unless you flash) but still.

treoneo

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm not spam. Just someone helping others try and save money. There are many of us that don't need or use unlimited pans for $80 a month. I am on the pay as you go plan. 5 cents per min talk, 2 cents per text and 10 cents per megabyte data. I use most of my data at home over Wi-Fi. I don't talk on the phone a lot either. Again it's not for everyone. Even if I paid $40 or $50, still cheaper than $80! Plus NO contract. If you can make Google voice calls over wifi at home, you save even more $$

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: parout66

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm not spam. Just someone helping others try and save money. There are many of us that don't need or use unlimited pans for $80 a month. I am on the pay as you go plan. 5 cents per min talk, 2 cents per text and 10 cents per megabyte data. I use most of my data at home over Wi-Fi. I don't talk on the phone a lot either. Again it's not for everyone. Even if I paid $40 or $50, still cheaper than $80! Plus NO contract. If you can make Google voice calls over wifi at home, you save even more $$

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I guess it does make sense if you're a minimalist. I find it difficult to keep my hands off of a good phone though, and it becomes my microcomputer.

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
$25 a month? I looked their plans and even $60 only gives you a gig of data. You either barely use your phone or you're compensated to spam.

It's really not a value for heavy users. Boost is unlimited across the board, piggybacking on the same network, and cheaper from the start and keeps dropping if you're loyal. Gotta use a lesser phone (unless you flash) but still.

I agree, not for heavy users with a smokin' phone. But don't be a hater. Actually I have been looking for a good pay plan for my 6th grader so I can keep tabs on him. I'm a bit old fashion and will not buy him a smartphone at this point. This post actually answered my question. After looking it over, this works perfectly for a 6th grader that I need to text occassionally when away from home.

Thanks!!!!

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Google Voice Wifi calls? I don't believe those work yet. Or am I missing something?

You can do it with GrooVe IP tapping into Google Chat.

I didn't like it though as there was a delay between pickup and connection. People thought I was a phone creep and would hang up before they heard me, and vice versa.

parout66

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually I emailed Platinumtel (crappy name) and asked about porting over a Sprint Palm Pixi. They stated that I needed to buy one or their phones. Oh well, that throws a kink in things on estimating the value of their service.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Actually I emailed Platinumtel (crappy name) and asked about porting over a Sprint Palm Pixi. They stated that I needed to buy one or their phones. Oh well, that throws a kink in things on estimating the value of their service.

Try calling. If OP is using an Epic, I'm led to believe that the email Rep didn't know what they were talking about. It happens a lot.

Heck it took 6 hours of phone calls to Sprint for me to get a hotspot that I bought on my own activated without a contract, even though the whole reason I bought it was because a Rep told me I didn't need a contract if I bought my own device.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I stand corrected (maybe). I just tried activating a Boost Warp and got an error. I know the MEID is clean. I'm going to call BS on the OP at this point.