My wife and I bought Evo 4Gs the first day they came out in June 2010. We are located in the Orlando area in a high density residential area but on the edge of Sprints phone and data coverage. We generally have several bars showing. Actually 4G is stronger than 3G at our house.

Now to the problem, periodically we have incoming calls that never reach us. To be more specific, the phone does not ring or indicate a missed call. We only find out a call was missed if/when we get notification of a new a voice mail. This seems to happen to the wifes phone more than mine (she also gets more calls) but both phones have the problem. Each of us has had our phone replaced trying to solve the problem and all updates have been applied. Since the missed calls seemed to happen primarily at our home so Sprint supplied us with an Airave device for the home that now provides more bars at the house but the problem still continues both at home and away. Note that this does not happen all the time but maybe three or four times a month. TThe last time was Saturday evening on busy I-4 with good coverage.

Our contract is expiring soon and we can get new phones and/or change carriers. I am wondering if this is an issue specific to the Evo 4G, Sprint?, or just bad luck? Will a different model phone fix this?

We are also considering of going with Verizon but not sure if they will be any better. While I like the true unlimited plan with Sprint, I also have to keep the wife happy and currently she is not!

Thanks in advance.
    03-19-2012 03:50 PM
    I'm up in the panhandle of Florida and I've been seeing this more lately as well. I live right at the beach, so I know I'm on the outskirts of the signal. I'm blaming it on the recent sunspots. lol. Who knows, I've complained to Sprint, but I never really hear anything about it, so I just deal with it.
    03-19-2012 05:18 PM
    Yes, I have been having this issue on my HTC EVO 3D since December, with no solution from Sprint. One of the things I've been told that all the towers in my area are over capacity and there's nothing I can do.
    I missed a call on Saturday, called Sprint and they were supposed to submit a ticket (again) and call me Monday. Today, I call and it's noted on my account that we were disconnected and they could not submit the ticket! They also claim that they called and left a voicemail, another lie.
    Unless there's major improvement, I'm leaving at the end of my contract (or sooner) to Verizon.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk
    03-21-2012 10:20 AM
    Yes, I have been having this issue on my HTC EVO 3D since December, with no solution from Sprint. One of the things I've been told that all the towers in my area are over capacity and there's nothing I can do.
    Lack of towers is one of the excuses that Sprint has given me. One reason behind it is that they have trouble getting towers approved by local governments. I worked for a local government for many years until 2010. The commissioners there did not want to go through all the public hearings required and not in my backyard complaints so they passed an ordinance. If the proposed tower met the conditions of the ordinance, it was automatically approved.

Another reason given was that the towers are erected / owned by a separate company and Sprint just leases space on them. This one sounded like a cop-out to me since the upper-middle class subdivision I live in has 2000-3000 homes and is surrounded by other affluent developments, it would seem that someone should be falling over themselves to put up more towers in this area. Lack of a good connection will kill business quickly.

My contract is up in June and I am open to switching.
    03-21-2012 11:52 AM