June 1st Upgrade...what to get???

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Both my phone and the wifes phones are eligible for the upgrade june 1. Currently we both have the Epic 4g, and are happy with it. Im seeing the new HTC EVO LTE phone is coming out soon but the specs say non removable battery, thats a no go for me. Are there other LTE phones scheduled to be released? Dont want to get a non LTE phone and then be stuck without LTE when its released. Im understanding that Wimax is going away in 2014, and would be concerned with having a useless phone. And being if I upgraded in June, I wouldnt be upgradable until June of 2014.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Both my phone and the wifes phones are eligible for the upgrade june 1. Currently we both have the Epic 4g, and are happy with it. Im seeing the new HTC EVO LTE phone is coming out soon but the specs say non removable battery, thats a no go for me. Are there other LTE phones scheduled to be released? Dont want to get a non LTE phone and then be stuck without LTE when its released. Im understanding that Wimax is going away in 2014, and would be concerned with having a useless phone. And being if I upgraded in June, I wouldnt be upgradable until June of 2014.

Why is the non removable battery a no go for you?

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The 2 previously mentioned devices are your only announced options. With that said, I believe wimax will be available throughout 2014 (read: until 2015) so a wimax device may be an option.

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Why is the non removable battery a no go for you?

My current epic I have 3 three extra batterys i use, there are many days at work, when I cannot get to any chargers, I work outside a lot, and when I get inside the time is limited that charging would do no good. I need the option to swap a battery out.

dafoot2

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Could always wait for the galaxy S3

Been thinking I could wait, but then my upgrade will extend further out and if something better ( I know theres always something better coming out) would extend the time to get a better LTE phone. Guess Ill just wait and see what June 1st brings.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz