Evo 4g Error Code 67??!?!

shin.andy

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I live in the DC/Maryland/Virgina area and whenever I go on the metro or sometimes.... I have this new, "Error Code 67." It's really pissing me off alot.. I cant even send emails or even go online. It keeps popping up this message saying, "PCS USERNAME ERROR" also.. I never had this problem with my blackberry tour even when I was roaming.

I'm guessing this happens only when I'm roaming right? I can't go online when I'm roaming? Please help I'm very sick of this! This doesnt happen at home.

This message has also been popping up when I switch from 4g to 3g. I have to restart my phone...

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
btw, Sprint was having major issues today in Kansas City too. They said it was because of the Evo..lol.... so many new users, apparently. They said the PRL update would remedy the situation.

msross

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I had the same thing yesterday in MD and sprint said it was a network provisioning problem. It has since gone away

tehpsyc

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
If the problem persists you want to go to the phone settings > system updates > update profile

That should update your PCS vision info. Updating the PRL wouldn't help in this case.

Jbh613

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I lost the ability to dial or recieve any calls yesterday around 4pm in the Dayton Ohio area. I spent close to 2 hours on the phone with Sprint and they never did resolve the issue. I too kept getting the error 67 message as well. Today I am stuck with 1-2 roaming bars and no 3g at all. None of my data is updating either. I unplugged my phone an hour ago and as of right now I'm at ~60% battery. What gives?!

bigblue4ever

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys I live in the DC/Maryland/Virgina area and whenever I go on the metro or sometimes.... I have this new, "Error Code 67." It's really pissing me off alot.. I cant even send emails or even go online. It keeps popping up this message saying, "PCS USERNAME ERROR" also.. I never had this problem with my blackberry tour even when I was roaming.

I'm guessing this happens only when I'm roaming right? I can't go online when I'm roaming? Please help I'm very sick of this! This doesnt happen at home.

This message has also been popping up when I switch from 4g to 3g. I have to restart my phone...

Did you happen to have the EVO activated on another line then swap it to the line you are using now? I swapped phones like that and it appears that is what caused mine to do what yours is doing. Once I turned the phone off that doesn't have the EVO on it anymore the issue went away. I haven't turned that second line back on yet to see if it comes back..I wanted to give it 24 hours before doing so..

Jbh613

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Just talked to someone here in my office that is having the exact same issues as I am. This has to be a widespread problem with the network.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Sprint Said they had Nationwide outage of sorts because of new Evo orders coming in... "it's June 4th all over again" My rep stated... It was only down for an hour or so... I Personally lost data during this hour...

Nothing robo Defense didn't Fix...

cmacelis

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
If it is not a network issue you should be able to update the profile and that should solve the problem. Also I noticed that if you turn on hot spot with out the plan you will also get the error 67. If that does't help call tech support and they will change your user name, then update the profile again and you should be good.

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Amazing the different things Sprint tech support can come up with. When I called they told me if was using WiFi, that was the reason for the error 67 msgs because my phone wouldn't be able to connect to their network.

Jase007

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Got this error today several times.

Search landed me here.

settings > system updates > Update profile

... didn't seem to work.

rebooted phone
GPS on
Wifi off

still suffering ...

Any news?

Jason
HTC Evo 4G
4G turned off

NMherron

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had this problem on and off over the past year with my Evo. When it would happen, I'd reboot and it would be fine. Then it would repeat itself a couple times a day for a few days then go away for months. Never did figure out the problem.

ekz13

May 31, 2010
Visit site
had the same issue yesterday too on my shift, updated the profile, reboot, and then just seemed to go away, same are DC/MD area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12