Is it true Insurance is going up to $11 a month?????

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If this is true, I'll probably drop it, but that's what they want, huh? That's an incredible amount. I've been paying for it for 2 years, never used it and they thank me by upping the charge?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't even use that sprint protection program no more its useless unless u use it with in a few months.....best buy has a buy back program.https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...10.c%3Fid%3Dpcmcat230000050010&token=3ZtQBX1k

The galaxy nexus cost $700 and if u have the buy back program they will give u $350 with in 6 months thats a good deal cuz if a phone comes out on with in 6 months u can buy it all u got to pay is 200 extra instead of full price.

Last edited:

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't even use that sprint protection program no more its useless unless u use it with in a few months.....best buy has a buy back program.Buy Back Program

The galaxy nexus cost $700 and if u have the buy back program they will give u $350 with in 6 months thats a good deal cuz if a phone comes out on with in 6 months u can buy it all u got to pay is 200 extra instead of full price.

I'm confused....
How are the Sprint TEP and the BestBuy Buy Back program even remotely the same?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused....
How are the Sprint TEP and the BestBuy Buy Back program even remotely the same?

sorry i got mixed up i mean to talk about best buy protection program it cost $160 for the galaxy nexus but if ur phone breaks u don't have to pay $150-200 deductible to get a new one from sprint

R1_Rydah

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm leaving Sprint next month, because I recently bought an unlocked Galaxy Note to use on Straight Talk, and I love it.. But I was worried about having a $500 phone and no insurance.. Then I found out about Buy & Compare iPhone Insurance Phone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance from a few posters over at xda Their prices are very reasonable, so I'm going to go with them.. if I have a good experience with them, I'll probably never use carrier Ins again..

six8

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving Sprint next month, because I recently bought an unlocked Galaxy Note to use on Straight Talk, and I love it.. But I was worried about having a $500 phone and no insurance.. Then I found out about Buy & Compare iPhone Insurance Phone Insurance Cell Phone Insurance from a few posters over at xda Their prices are very reasonable, so I'm going to go with them.. if I have a good experience with them, I'll probably never use carrier Ins again..

$75 deductible. No thanks

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Worth everyone penny. 2 weeks ago my evo 3d screen developed a issue, was not working right and they Gave me a brand new one, not a refurb. Told me because I have insurance it won't cost me anything, and it did not. Now I have a brand new phone that I only need for a few weeks anyway.

EVO-LUTION 3D

rich95838

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I think so on the price increase. Post paid service sucks anyways. Go prepaid, save some money and tell them to suck it on the insurance and over priced service.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
sorry i got mixed up i mean to talk about best buy protection program it cost $160 for the galaxy nexus but if ur phone breaks u don't have to pay $150-200 deductible to get a new one from sprint

Ok, that makes more sense! But, I still need to correct you a little bit. Sprints TEP is weird... if you contact Assurion for a replacement then they will charge you a deductible. But, if you go to an authorized Sprint Repair Store (Find one here) then they will replace your phone without having to pay a deductible. I've replaced several phones this way (Wife & I both had the HP/Palm Pre, need I say more) and have never paid anything.

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Zagg also offers insurance now (Read it here). I got an email from them a few days ago. I didn't pay much attention to it because I'm always been satisfied with Sprint's TEP and my local repair store. It's $99 for 2 years but there may be a $59 deductible. Even covers water damage (only good point IMHO). The part I don't like is that there is a 3-5 day turn around. So that means you have to either go 3-5 days with no phone OR keep an old phone handy to switch to temporarily. And, Sprint would probably charge you a $36 activation fee twice.

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I have been happy with my Sprint TEP and local repair shop also. I've only had one problem (scratched lens on EVO) and it was repaired in 10 minutes, no charge.

$8 a month through Sprint is costly compared to Ensquared or Zagg. Although, you add in the deductable and the activation fee and the turn around. I couldn't go for 3-5 days without my phone. I'd die.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
And, Sprint would probably charge you a $36 activation fee twice.

Sprint does not charge to switch ESNs. If you have 2 phones, you could switch between them twice a day with no charge if you really wanted to.

The $36 activation fee is only charged when you start service or use your upgrade. A credit union 10% discount includes waived activation fees.

Pace Racing

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any feedback on the insurance offered through wirefly? I pre ordered my evo 4g lte there, and believe I can still add the protection plan for around $7 per month. I've always had the Sprint TEP plan, but I'm tired of the big deductible which apparently is going up. Wirefly has no deductible, but requires a police report if its lost.

PLCSP

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have any feedback on the insurance offered through wirefly? I pre ordered my evo 4g lte there, and believe I can still add the protection plan for around $7 per month. I've always had the Sprint TEP plan, but I'm tired of the big deductible which apparently is going up. Wirefly has no deductible, but requires a police report if its lost.

Lost or stolen? They won't take a report because you lost your phone.

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
And people wonder why everything costs so much these days....

Excuse me but why should insurance pay for a "lost" phone

MarkHirt

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
And people wonder why everything costs so much these days....

Excuse me but why should insurance pay for a "lost" phone

cowboys2000

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
TEP covers lost damaged and stolen phones. It is marketed as such thus the reason why it covers lost phones.

Renters and home owners works the same basic way.

Although I can see placing a limit on lost item claims.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney