Sprint LTE Deployment list

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Over at s4gru they have put together a list of all the LTE cities that have been announced and in which rounds they will be going live.

TOTAL ANNOUNCED CITIES (47)

FIRST ROUND MARKETS (14):
First round markets have no preceding markets before them. NV OEM's will mobilize in these markets and begin deployment. These markets will deploy slowly as there is a significant learning curve to Network Vision. Most first round markets started between December 2011 and March 2012.
Atlanta/Athens* Link
Houston* Link
DFW* (Dallas/Ft. Worth) Link
San Antonio* Link
Baltimore* Link
Kansas City* Link
Chicago Link
San Francisco Link
Boston Link
Washington, D.C. Link
New York City/Westchester Link
LA Metro (Los Angeles) Link
Central Jersey Link
Austin Link
SECOND ROUND MARKETS (27):
Second round markets start based on First Round markets completing before them. There is a lot of variability of when Second Round markets start, between June/July 2012 and December 2012. It will all depend on how quickly the First Round market deployments go. Some preliminary work is being done in advance in these Second Markets as well. It's possible that if delays begin to occur in the First Round markets, NV OEM's may hire up additional subcontractors and get some key Second Round markets going. Stay tuned to S4GRU.com for updates.
South Bay (San Jose) Link
West Washington (Seattle) Link
West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Lansing) Link
Oregon/SW Washington (Portland) Link
Charlotte Link
Nashville Link
New Orleans Link
Philadelphia Metro Link
Southern Connecticut Link
PR/VI (Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands) Link
San Diego Link
Northern Jersey Link
Orange County, California Link
Raleigh/Durham Link
Orlando Link
Miami/West Palm Link
Riverside/San Bernardino Link
Indianapolis Link
East Michigan (Detroit) Link
Norfolk (Hampton Roads) Link
Long Island Link
Tampa Link
Jacksonville Link
Memphis Link
Minnesota Link
South West Florida Link
Ft. Wayne/South Bend Link
POSSIBLE NEW ADDITIONS (6):
Sprint 4G Rollout Updates is monitoring these markets for possible schedule advancements where they may move up into the Second Round of Network Vision.

Markets where schedule may be advancing (6):
Phoenix Link
Tucson/Yuma Link
Milwaukee Link
Cleveland Link
Missouri Link
Oklahoma Link

Double Tap

Feb 16, 2010
Visit site
Over at s4gru they have put together a list of all the LTE cities that have been announced and in which rounds they will be going live.

Quote:

First round markets have no preceding markets before them. NV OEM's will mobilize in these markets and begin deployment. These markets will deploy slowly as there is a significant learning curve to Network Vision. Most first round markets started between December 2011 and March 2012.
Atlanta/Athens* Link
Houston* Link
San Antonio* Link
Baltimore* Link
Kansas City* Link
Chicago Link
San Francisco Link
Boston Link
Washington, D.C. Link
Central Jersey Link
Austin Link
Second round markets start based on First Round markets completing before them. There is a lot of variability of when Second Round markets start, between June/July 2012 and December 2012. It will all depend on how quickly the First Round market deployments go. Some preliminary work is being done in advance in these Second Markets as well. It's possible that if delays begin to occur in the First Round markets, NV OEM's may hire up additional subcontractors and get some key Second Round markets going. Stay tuned to S4GRU.com for updates.
Charlotte Link
Nashville Link
New Orleans Link
Philadelphia Metro Link
San Diego Link
Northern Jersey Link
Raleigh/Durham Link
Orlando Link
Miami/West Palm Link
Indianapolis Link
Long Island Link
Tampa Link
Jacksonville Link
Memphis Link
Minnesota Link
South West Florida Link
Sprint 4G Rollout Updates is monitoring these markets for possible schedule advancements where they may move up into the Second Round of Network Vision.

Phoenix Link
Tucson/Yuma Link
Milwaukee Link
Cleveland Link
Missouri Link
Oklahoma Link

So as for as this list is concerned NYC should have LTE implemented. As far as I know it does not.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Quote:

Atlanta/Athens* Link
Houston* Link
San Antonio* Link
Baltimore* Link
Kansas City* Link
Chicago Link
San Francisco Link
Boston Link
Washington, D.C. Link
Central Jersey Link
Austin Link
Charlotte Link
Nashville Link
New Orleans Link
Philadelphia Metro Link
San Diego Link
Northern Jersey Link
Raleigh/Durham Link
Orlando Link
Miami/West Palm Link
Indianapolis Link
Long Island Link
Tampa Link
Jacksonville Link
Memphis Link
Minnesota Link
South West Florida Link

Phoenix Link
Tucson/Yuma Link
Milwaukee Link
Cleveland Link
Missouri Link
Oklahoma Link

So as for as this list is concerned NYC should have LTE implemented. As far as I know it does not.

New York is in the 2nd round so June/july

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

w9awx

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Really hope Milwaukee gets going in the 2nd round. It was one of the markets that was supposed to get WiMax to fill between Chicago and Minneapolis before that whole mess occurred. Would be a nice Christmas gift. I'd even upgrade to a LTE phone in October,.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Good to see MI got some LTE love this time. WiMAX was only put in on the west side of the state, and it wasn't a real big deployment. Hopefully this is different.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I live in the Detroit area and im excited to see we will FINALLY get some 4G from Sprint by the end of this year because we have a total of about 5 or 6 WiMax sites and having a WiMax enabled phone I feel that I am missing out on 4G. So with this news I definitely will buy a LTE enabled phone from Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I was in Baltimore for a few days last week and all the speed tests I performed were no better than the ones I perform on Puerto Rico. Is this really being implemented? Baltimore is a first round location...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xplod

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I live in the Detroit area and im excited to see we will FINALLY get some 4G from Sprint by the end of this year because we have a total of about 5 or 6 WiMax sites and having a WiMax enabled phone I feel that I am missing out on 4G. So with this news I definitely will buy a LTE enabled phone from Sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I'm also from the Detroit area and really looking forward to getting LTE. Since Wimax was really only put into the Grand Rapids area.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess the city with six super bowl champions isn't important enough to Sprint.I thought we would have it by now myself.I do know AT&T has LTE available already in some areas in Pittsburgh.also we we were picked in the top ten cities in the USA , but that doesn't matter to Sprint either.:rolleyes:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Last edited:

afranko22

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess the city with six super bowl champions isn't important enough to Sprint.I thought we would have it by now myself.I do know AT&T has LTE available already in some areas in Pittsburgh.

sent from my Evo4LTE

Maybe they have no faith in the steelers going to the superbowl. It does seem odd if it is based on the NFL. Yes I am a steelers fan and I sell sprint phones. Our vendor said all of the current footprint would be covered with LTE by the end of 2013, so here's hoping sprint gets in the game to lower my Verizon bill with competition!

Sent from my Verizon Droid Razr Maxx

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not to rub it in but heres my thumb in your face to all you Pittsburgh peeps. Also Cleveland does have the rock and roll hall of fame the only of its kind in the world.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not to rub it in but heres my thumb in your face to all you Pittsburgh peeps. Also Cleveland does have the rock and roll hall of fame the only of its kind in the world.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Yeah well you do have the Rock and Roll hall of fame, I have been there a few times and it's a great place to visit. Just thought we would have LTE at or around the same time. I guess Sprint being number three in mobile phones isn't the greatest record hold either,lol:);):p:D:thumbup:

sent from my Evo4LTE

Last edited:

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I guess the city with six super bowl champions isn't important enough to Sprint.I thought we would have it by now myself.I do know AT&T has LTE available already in some areas in Pittsburgh.also we we were picked in the top ten cities in the USA , but that doesn't matter to Sprint either.:rolleyes:

sent from my Evo4LTE

It is the Android Gawds punishing you for STEALING from the Seahawks!

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Is LTE available anywhere?

I don't think it is here in the San Francisco area even though it is listed in the first round.

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Drive by my sprint tower everyday....... and almost everyday a work truck has been there, for the last few weeks..... awesome..... metro Detroit :-D

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday, for a hamburger today..........

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12