I am thinking about leaving Verizon

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has once again decided to rip off customers on their pricing. I am grandfathered in on the unlimited data which they have decided to stop. So when we upgrade we will no longer be able to keep unlimited and will have to choose tiered data plans. And they are saying these plans will be revealed this summer.
I have been with Verizon for many years and also used to sell it at an indirect retail level.
I am seriously looking and thinking about Sprint.
I have a corporate discount. I know I would qualify for the corporate discount with my company as well
I do have a few questions. Is the 99.00 plan able to have a corporate discount? I saw
there is a 10.00 premium charge for smartphone......is this a monthly charge ontop of what the plan?
If you were previously with Verizon are you glad you switched to Sprint? How is their customer care when you have issues?

Any information you can give me will be helpful. I appreciate it.

Thanks!

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Idk about the corporate discount. We have it but we're on a bigger family plan.

The $10 charge is tacked onto your bill. For example, if your bill is $99, adding a smart phone will bump it up to $109.

You'll probably get conflicting views on the customer service. They've been nothing but great and helpful to me though.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
And don't fear if your heavy user in sprint they throttle you also. Remember this the Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I am also thinking about leaving Verizon for Sprint because of them cutting us off of unlimited data.

My choices are between the GNEX and the HTC EVO 4G LTE....still deciding

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
And don't fear if your heavy user in sprint they throttle you also. Remember this the Grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Dude I think u meant that sprint doesn't throttle lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I left for Sprint, and had the coverage been a little better here in Colorado, I would have stayed. The data speeds were good, and actually faster than Verizon's at times. Tiered data will soon be a reality everywhere. I say it isn't worth running, unless you can save money for the long run. I will admit, if Verizon takes my unlimited away (because I will never sign a contract with them, and purchase my devices at cost,) then then I will move to AT&T. If Verizon has nothing better price point wise, I am not going to settle for CDMA and their constant line of crappy phones. Come on Verizon, give me a reason!

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
The corp discount does not apply to the unlimited $99 SINGLE USER plan.

It would apply to the $69 450 plan. Add the $10 for your unlimited data. Assuming you call mostly cellphones, this plan would work for you, as all mobile to mobile any carrier is unlimited, just 450 minutes for landlines, peak, still free all calls after 7pm and weekends for landline calling.

Advice to you, open your corp account with a new number, trial the voice and data coverage, if happy, port your VZW line ontop of your trial Sprint number, all within your 14 day trial period.

Only you will discover if the service is good for you.:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Darrkman

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
The corp discount does not apply to the unlimited $99 SINGLE USER plan.

It would apply to the $69 450 plan. Add the $10 for your unlimited data. Assuming you call mostly cellphones, this plan would work for you, as all mobile to mobile any carrier is unlimited, just 450 minutes for landlines, peak, still free all calls after 7pm and weekends for landline calling.

Advice to you, open your corp account with a new number, trial the voice and data coverage, if happy, port your VZW line ontop of your trial Sprint number, all within your 14 day trial period.

Only you will discover if the service is good for you.:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

To the OP, this guy I quoted is giving great advice. I would double check on the discount because I have one and it applies to the $99 unlimited plan. The other thing I would say to do is to hold off switching until Sprint's network upgrades are done. Coming from Verizon there will be a noticeable difference in your data speeds right now. Until Sprint gets their network upgraded the experience may turn you off. However that does depend on where you currently live.

Sent from my EVO Shift

Reactions: Jude526

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463