Annoyed with Sprint technical service

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Been having problems with my Epic 4G locking up or rebooting randomly, have reflashed multiple ROM's, including going back to factory using ODIN repeatedly. Took it to the store, they did a factory refresh, told me it should be good, didn't listen when I said I'd done that before.

Took it back again today, they claim they did a "soft reset", which evidently didn't even wipe my Google account login or any of my preferences, and said they hadn't noticed any problems in the couple of hours they'd had it in the store, but they had the sound turned off so I don't think they'd have noticed a reboot. They said to bring it back if I have problems again - like I have nothing better to do than keep going back to the Sprint store when they've ignored what I've told them twice. And, yes, in the three hours since I picked my phone back up, it's rebooted at least once for no apparent reason.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Been having problems with my Epic 4G locking up or rebooting randomly, have reflashed multiple ROM's, including going back to factory using ODIN repeatedly. Took it to the store, they did a factory refresh, told me it should be good, didn't listen when I said I'd done that before.

Took it back again today, they claim they did a "soft reset", which evidently didn't even wipe my Google account login or any of my preferences, and said they hadn't noticed any problems in the couple of hours they'd had it in the store, but they had the sound turned off so I don't think they'd have noticed a reboot. They said to bring it back if I have problems again - like I have nothing better to do than keep going back to the Sprint store when they've ignored what I've told them twice. And, yes, in the three hours since I picked my phone back up, it's rebooted at least once for no apparent reason.

Do u have the sprint tep program

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
After an ODIN flash to factory the unit is resetting? Talking no additional apps downloaded or installed and it will just reset?

There are steps a service has to go through. If there's another service shop in your area, try them. Or, assuming they ran it through the system and documented the problem, you can try customer service. "I don't have time to keep running to the store so they can not fix what's happening, etc." They might just send a refurb by mail and save you a trip.

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Do u have the sprint tep program

Yes, I'm paying for the equipment plan, I've been trying to go through the steps appropriately so far (today they tried to point out that I'll be eligible for an upgrade soon - of course, they were also having to work on my daughter's LG phone and claim that there's a buggy update being pushed OTA which is causing her problems; if the update is buggy, why are they still pushing it?) I may upgrade soon, but I still want my Epic working properly either for my daughter or for a spare since I am required to have a working cellphone for work and get reimbursed a fair portion of my bill to do so.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I'm paying for the equipment plan, I've been trying to go through the steps appropriately so far (today they tried to point out that I'll be eligible for an upgrade soon - of course, they were also having to work on my daughter's LG phone and claim that there's a buggy update being pushed OTA which is causing her problems; if the update is buggy, why are they still pushing it?) I may upgrade soon, but I still want my Epic working properly either for my daughter or for a spare since I am required to have a working cellphone for work and get reimbursed a fair portion of my bill to do so.

Go to a sprint store they should replace it for u free of charge since its a really old phone

LoneWolf545

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Took it back for the third time today, they did a factory reset and ran some diagnostics. The customer service rep was reading what the technician had done and telling me everything checked out fine when I looked down at the phone and noticed the screen was lit up; yep, it had locked up again. My replacement should arrive Thursday :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol