The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Greater Sacramento, CA area. On my Epic 4G Touch. Several network vision upgrades over the last few months. My data seems worse since last year, but not by much. I was at a Sprint store the other day a few miles away and the guy was saying you should average 1mbps on 3g on average to a new customer. I almost laughed in his face and asked him what the hell are you talking about. Then another rep said something about all of Sacramento has 4g that was also hilarious. I talked to that guy for a while and found out he has At&t lol. So he repeats the same garbage some other rep told him. These speeds are pathetic and pretty much no matter were I drive in the Sacramento area I can't use data because it is too slow. My GPS never works, can't listen to Pandora most of the time. Horrible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

compwiz1202

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Not according to some people who are having problems in other states on Verizon in which there is a thread on this forum about it.

That's the whole thing for any provider, it depends on where you are. Verizon LTE in the Lehigh Valley PA is fast. You just have to find people near where you would use your phone that already have the provider you want to see how fast it is.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Greater Sacramento, CA area. On my Epic 4G Touch. Several network vision upgrades over the last few months. My data seems worse since last year, but not by much. I was at a Sprint store the other day a few miles away and the guy was saying you should average 1mbps on 3g on average to a new customer. I almost laughed in his face and asked him what the hell are you talking about. Then another rep said something about all of Sacramento has 4g that was also hilarious. I talked to that guy for a while and found out he has At&t lol. So he repeats the same garbage some other rep told him. These speeds are pathetic and pretty much no matter were I drive in the Sacramento area I can't use data because it is too slow. My GPS never works, can't listen to Pandora most of the time. Horrible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Network Vision has yet to come to your area. There are links in my signature for more info.

QUICK LINKS:
NETWORK UPDATE MAPS
Network Vision/LTE Deployment
GET A SPRINT MONTHLY DISCOUNT
CHECK YOUR SPRINT UPGRADE ELIGIBILITY DATE
SPRINT CUSTOMER SERVICE REP VIA ONLINE CHAT
WHERE DOES YOUR STATE RANK WITH WIRELESS TAXES & FEES?
$62.49/mo.

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

Under network update maps there have been several upgrades in my area in the last six months. 95660

Sent from my Epic 4g Touch

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Under network update maps there have been several upgrades in my area in the last six months. 95660

Those are simple minor upgrades scheduled prior, not "Network Vision". "Network Vision" is a major network overhaul and rebuild this is a multi year project.

This is "Network Vision"

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/172578-new-sprint-network-explained.html#post1927653

s1ndec.jpg

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site

Network Vision/LTE Deployment Running List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Where is that metro area/Zip Code listed in regards to "Network Vision"? It doesn't appear to be part of the SF Bay Area market. I'm not a sponsor of that site, those who are can find specific maps of each tower site and upgrade dates/status for them.

Hope this clears things up. :)

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Those are simple minor upgrades scheduled prior, not "Network Vision". "Network Vision" is a major network overhaul and rebuild this is a multi year project.

This is "Network Vision"

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint/172578-new-sprint-network-explained.html#post1927653

Click to view quoted image

This is network vision. Just because there isn't 4g lte being deployed doesn't mean anything. All of these upgrades to 3g is what network vision is also. 3g is mostly all I care about since I don't have an lte phone until the next Nexus phone comes out. And if I actually got 1mbps download like Sprint tells its customers I would be happy. So I just hope in the near future Sprints network truly does improve.

Last edited:

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
This is network vision. Just because there isn't 4g lte being deployed doesn't mean anything. All of these upgrades to 3g is what network vision is also. 3g is mostly all I care about since I don't have an lte phone until the next Nexus phone comes out. And if I actually got 1mbps download like Sprint tells its customers I would be happy. So I just hope in the near future Sprints network truly does improve.

Yes it will when Network Vision is completed.

"Network Vision" = Fiber and/or Microwave installations.

Your metro area will not be touched most likely until second half 2013. Network Vision is beyond just LTE and data capacity upgrades, it's a physical overhaul. What you are referencing is simple data and capacity upgrades that's it, not Fiber or Microwave installations(Network Vision) this has not happened in your area. Some NV/LTE markets aren't even getting 3G upgrades active simultaneously.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-47-evidently-dan-hesse-left-his-heart-in-san-franciscobecause-sprint-4g-rollout-updates-is-announcing-this-as-a-network-visionlte-city-for-2012/

Last edited:

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Update for New Orleans, LA.

Recently my average speeds in New Orleans have dropped from about 400 kbps (3G) to 100 - 200 kpbs (3G) which makes a big different in my user experience. But interestingly, where I work in Slidell, LA (a city 20 minutes outside of New Orleans), I've been getting 1 - 2 Mbps (3G), which is great. I'm wondering if someone in my building has a Airwave hooked up to the LAN or something, or if Slidell speeds are just that much better.

Also of note, I just got back from vacation in Sandestin, FL, and I was getting up to 3Mbps (3G) there, which was great for tethering since the hotel charged for wifi.

Sorry I don't have screenshots, but I've been flashing ROMs lately, so my SpeedTest data is gone.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Update for New Orleans, LA.

Recently my average speeds in New Orleans have dropped from about 400 kbps (3G) to 100 - 200 kpbs (3G) which makes a big different in my user experience. But interestingly, where I work in Slidell, LA (a city 20 minutes outside of New Orleans), I've been getting 1 - 2 Mbps (3G), which is great. I'm wondering if someone in my building has a Airwave hooked up to the LAN or something, or if Slidell speeds are just that much better.

Also of note, I just got back from vacation in Sandestin, FL, and I was getting up to 3Mbps (3G) there, which was great for tethering since the hotel charged for wifi.

Sorry I don't have screenshots, but I've been flashing ROMs lately, so my SpeedTest data is gone.

Update on New Orleans / Slidell speeds: So like I said, I've been getting 200 kbps in New Orleans but 2 Mbps at work in Slidell, LA. I did a speed test 2 blocks away from my work while I was getting an oil change in Slidell and I got ~200 kpbs. So I'm convinced that some manager has an airwave hooked up to the LAN in his/her office.

poser_libby

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I love all the post. Great info .Its seems I'm on the higher end of this test. I have(3g) 1+mbps with good signal some fluke 2+mbps in great signal. I'm in starke fl and they have one tower with a speed upgrade completed . But that tower only went to about 500kbps. I'm not sure about its speed prior to the upgrade. Try to keep a close eye on your speeds to see if the upgade helps or not.btw I'm using a Evo Shift with cm7 /scary kernel and oc to 1.9ghz. 4417 on antutu. And a app called apn backup to change the proxy to 0. Same idea as the 3g hack. also the app called network refresh pro seems to help along with another app called open signal(last update added a refresh nework).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith