The official Sprint network speed thread (post your speeds)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hawaii is Slow!!!

Matt come over to T-mobile.
I made the switch about a month ago. They have an unlimited everything plan the includes tethering and free wifi calling from anywhere in the world, and HD voice that with my discount is
Much cheaper than my 1500 simply everything plan sprint.
LTE just went live a week ago.
From Ewa beach to Aina hina 30 mile stretch all I see is 4G LTE on my phone.
I'm getting 30Mb downloads.
Netflix buffers once only couple of seconds almost instant.
Plus if ever you lose lte signal
We have hspa+ with 15MB downloads.
I promise you will be happy with T-mobile in Hawaii. That's is if your on the island of Oahu.
Aloha Brah!
This is at my house in kahala
6a9yjyju.jpg

This is at work in waikiki 2 stories underground
setudyda.jpg

Sent from Da Coconut Wireless HTC One

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
-snip-

Hawaii. I (and probably many others) get that T-mobile works better for you and we're glad it does but spamming the Sprint section just because you can and bashing Sprint in the Sprint section is starting to get annoying. You've moved on to a better service in your area so good, go enjoy it, but do remember that this is the Sprint section and NOT the T-MOBILE AREA.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hawaii. I (and probably many others) get that T-mobile works better for you and we're glad it does but spamming the Sprint section just because you can and bashing Sprint in the Sprint section is starting to get annoying. You've moved on to a better service in your area so good, go enjoy it, but do remember that this is the Sprint section and NOT the T-MOBILE AREA.

Lilotimz,

I know this is a Sprint section.
And Sprint is slow in Hawaii.
With Nv not here yet and many other areas that's a fact.

I'm letting matt and others like him know that there are
Better options in Hawaii or even maybe in their neck of the woods
Regarding plan/price wise and of course a more robust network?

Like I asked you before if you don't like what I post? Simply, ignore
It?
I was a sprint/nextel customer
Since 1999 up until last month.
I have had a long mostly good experience with sprint.

Recently, I have noticed how sprint started to get rid of their longtime. loyal customer programs gold(yearly upgrades) , silver,
Taking away full discounts from price plans, raising fee etc.
Not to mention how they let their 3G AND 4G Wimax networks
Degrade over time with over saturated networks and not upgrading in a timely manner.

The only thing sprint has going for them is unlimited data plans. For which is ok if Nv is completed in your area.
Sprint, was charging me and all of you a 10 dollar per line premium data fee for smartphones?
Do you call 90kb downloads premium data? I don't think that's
Right of sprint to do so if at least they could keep a standard of what premium data is? And if that is not met? Sprint should not be charging
That fee until that standard is met.

Lilotimz...

Just because I have an opinion that's not favorable to you or others? Is it wrong? Is going to a Tmobile section and talking about sprint? The right thing to do? I am not harassing anyone here. You don't see me calling anyone here derogatory names? I post my true experiences when I was a customer with sprint and now that I am with
T-mobile is that bad?

What's wrong with me posting pictures of my new carrier?
Posting pictures is part of how you solidify what your posting.

Besides, If you noticed? The pictures I post? They are not of the same picture. Unlike the
same picture of the sprint speeds mellime22
used to post in the T-mobile area of the forum.

With that... if I offended anyone again I apologize

One thing though...

However,

I do hope softbank completes
Its purchase of Sprint and
Completes their network build out.
And hopefully, Son San will shake
Up current plans and network that's will Shake up the us cell industry?

Who knows one day? I just might return back to Sprint?
If they offer the best network for
Price point down the road?

That's what it is about anyways right? We are all looking for what we can get for our bang for our buck.

Aloha

Last edited:

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Lilotimz,

It?

Recently, I have noticed how sprint started to get rid of their longtime. loyal customer programs gold(yearly upgrades) , silver,

The only thing sprint has going for them is unlimited data plans. For which is ok if Nv is completed in your area.
Sprint, was charging me and all of you a 10 dollar per line premium data fee for smartphones?
Right of sprint to do so if at least they could keep a standard of what premium data is? And if that is not met? Sprint should not be charging

Lilotimz...

Just because I have an opinion that's not favorable to you or others? Is it wrong? Is going to a Tmobile section and talking about sprint? The right thing to do? I am not harassing anyone here. You don't see me calling anyone here derogatory names? I post my true experiences when I was a customer with sprint and now that I am with
T-mobile is that bad?

Besides, If you noticed? The pictures I post? They are not of the same picture. Unlike the

One thing though...

However,

That's what it is about anyways right? We are all looking for what we can get for our bang for a buck.

Aloha

Ok and if dude don't know he has other options I don't know what to say lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lilotimz,

It?

Not to mention how they let their 3G AND 4G Wimax networks
Degrade over time with over saturated networks and not upgrading in a timely manner.

Lilotimz...

T-mobile is that bad?

One thing though...

However,

That's what it is about anyways right? We are all looking for what we can get for our bang for our buck.

Aloha

Man you sure like using the question mark lol :p.

But no I think he is mainly just saying you seem to pretty much post only in the Sprint area to talk about how Tmobile is working for you. I just even went through a few threads and majority of your posts are just talking about how lovely your experience has been and that's it... Which honestly is okay to do but you seem to any time you see an opportunity when it's best to bash Sprint and promote Tmobile.
I go in other carrier forums to but it's to offer some advice on something I may know (such as upgrade time changes,or how a network throttles, etc.) I even go into ATT sometimes and post there because I had them.. But what he is saying is like if I hunted down every thread talking about a cap and instantly jumped in and said well on Sprint I used 6-8 GB a month and my bill never changes. I'm unlimited 24/7.. And that's it. That would annoy others.. Instead I may go in and ask the user.. What do you do on your phone? Because.. That would be the best way we could quote a good plan for them with a good cap.

So all in all your not doing anything horrible but I can see where he is saying all you seem to do is find anything bad about Sprint.. Join the bashing.. And talk about how Tmobile works for you. I left ATT due to throttle.. Joined Sprint and love my unlimited.. But I don't hunt down every bad saying on ATT to jump in and be like yeah they throttle.. And cap.. Sprint is so unlimited!

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Man you sure like using the question mark lol :p.

But no I think he is mainly just saying you seem to pretty much post only in the Sprint area to talk about how Tmobile is working for you. I just even went through a few threads and majority of your posts are just talking about how lovely your experience has been and that's it... Which honestly is okay to do but you seem to any time you see an opportunity when it's best to bash Sprint and promote Tmobile.
I go in other carrier forums to but it's to offer some advice on something I may know (such as upgrade time changes,or how a network throttles, etc.) I even go into ATT sometimes and post there because I had them.. But what he is saying is like if I hunted down every thread talking about a cap and instantly jumped in and said well on Sprint I used 6-8 GB a month and my bill never changes. I'm unlimited 24/7.. And that's it. That would annoy others.. Instead I may go in and ask the user.. What do you do on your phone? Because.. That would be the best way we could quote a good plan for them with a good cap.

So all in all your not doing anything horrible but I can see where he is saying all you seem to do is find anything bad about Sprint.. Join the bashing.. And talk about how Tmobile works for you. I left ATT due to throttle.. Joined Sprint and love my unlimited.. But I don't hunt down every bad saying on ATT to jump in and be like yeah they throttle.. And cap.. Sprint is so unlimited!

I got 3 Co workers with HTC EVO
4G LTE's. 1 on launch day may of last year and the other two about a month or so later. They are stuck over a year into their contract with
No LTE and very bad data speeds.
They each was told when buying
Their phones that lte will be here soon. They have tried to get out of their contract. But sprint won't back off of the etf. They are pretty much
Forced to stay because of misinformed sprint t workers.
I am a member of the
S4gru forums so I tracked nv
Updates there. I held off of my contract for almost a year, then made the switch, when Robert at s4gru said you might as well switch
Because of no nv in Hawaii in site at the time. I read that sprint just recently applied for building permits? Well... Good luck
There is so much red tape in Hawaii
When it comes to things like that.
I don't think nv in Hawaii will be completed by the time my coworkers are out of their contracts.? Why do you think my recent post about sprint is not in a positive light?
I know there many of your out there that are stuck in a 2 year contract with sprint patiently waiting for Nv
To come to your area.

Again this is a Sprint section, and I
Am referring to Sprint in my post.
Good or bad... This is the right place to post

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
I think the question is more about your intention. It's almost like you're being paid to bash Sprint and praise T-Mobile like Samsung did with HTC.

Everyone has horror stories from every carrier. Your situation is not as unique as you seem to think it is. I could jump into the T-Mobile forums and post about how I only get T-Mobile roaming at home, but test as high as 44Mbps on Sprint, but I don't, because that experience is only relevant to me. I know lots of other people with a reverse situation, such as yourself.

You aren't providing new or relevant information to the discussion, which makes it borderline spam.

Sent from my Sprint HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
4G LTE's. 1 on launch day may of last year and the other two about a month or so later. They are stuck over a year into their contract with
Their phones that lte will be here soon. They have tried to get out of their contract. But sprint won't back off of the etf. They are pretty much
I am a member of the
Updates there. I held off of my contract for almost a year, then made the switch, when Robert at s4gru said you might as well switch
Because of no nv in Hawaii in site at the time. I read that sprint just recently applied for building permits? Well... Good luck
I don't think nv in Hawaii will be completed by the time my coworkers are out of their contracts.? Why do you think my recent post about sprint is not in a positive light?
I know there many of your out there that are stuck in a 2 year contract with sprint patiently waiting for Nv
To come to your area.

Again this is a Sprint section, and I
Am referring to Sprint in my post.
Good or bad... This is the right place to post

Yea now you are talking about Sprint. Before it's talking about Sprint and advertising Tmobile.. You only talked bad about them to advertise.

Again cool in Hawaii but even for people not in Hawaii you still come in and just advertise Tmobile all day.. That is what the other guy was calling annoying. It's almost like you get paid to show your LTE speeds here and trash Sprint. You can speak for Hawaii but you post about your speeds for others not in your exact situation such as your coworkers or friends... So when you post your speeds for others who aren't in your area.. That's what he was talking about and so am I.

Edit -

Oh also I am in the same situation as you. Most friends have ATT... 3 of them are like me who are data heavy users and after 3GB on their "unlimited" plan they are throttled to worse than Sprint 3g speeds... But they know they are stuck till out of contract unless they pay.. Yet I still don't go to the ATT section and bash ATT for it and yell at the top of the mountain how unlimited and unthrottled I am... Because people in that section aren't there to be sold to.. They could walk into any carrier corporate store if they wanted that..

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Get TMo here in Louisiana and you'll spend all your time walking around with your phone in the air trying to find a signal. It depends on your area which carrier is best. Sprint happens to have the best here. AT&T has LTE that rarely connects and data caps, TMo never connects but is unlimited (wonder why). Sprint has good coverage, LTE, and no data caps.

Posted via Android Central App

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think the question is more about your intention. It's almost like you're being paid to bash Sprint and praise T-Mobile like Samsung did with HTC.

Everyone has horror stories from every carrier. Your situation is not as unique as you seem to think it is. I could jump into the T-Mobile forums and post about how I only get T-Mobile roaming at home, but test as high as 44Mbps on Sprint, but I don't, because that experience is only relevant to me. I know lots of other people with a reverse situation, such as yourself.

You aren't providing new or relevant information to the discussion, which makes it borderline spam.

Your point is taken
However,
Those of you who reply make it seems like I am just bashing Sprint.

I was a long time sprint customer.
I am speaking from my experiences as a customer with sprint.

Yes sprint might suit you better. That's great. I can't speak for all of you.

But, for me I'll just tell it as I see it.

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Yea now you are talking about Sprint. Before it's talking about Sprint and advertising Tmobile.. You only talked bad about them to advertise.

Again cool in Hawaii but even for people not in Hawaii you still come in and just advertise Tmobile all day.. That is what the other guy was calling annoying. It's almost like you get paid to show your LTE speeds here and trash Sprint. You can speak for Hawaii but you post about your speeds for others not in your exact situation such as your coworkers or friends... So when you post your speeds for others who aren't in your area.. That's what he was talking about and so am I.

Edit -

Oh also I am in the same situation as you. Most friends have ATT... 3 of them are like me who are data heavy users and after 3GB on their "unlimited" plan they are throttled to worse than Sprint 3g speeds... But they know they are stuck till out of contract unless they pay.. Yet I still don't go to the ATT section and bash ATT for it and yell at the top of the mountain how unlimited and unthrottled I am... Because people in that section aren't there to be sold to.. They could walk into any carrier corporate store if they wanted that..

Almeuit,

Brother you could goto the AT&T or Verizon or T-mobile section and scream all you want.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if you did? ;)

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Does seem like I am a Sprint Basher here? I was patiently waiting for Nv
To come to Hawaii for over a year.
Feel free to read all my post over the last year

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2...uding-honolulu-oahu-and-all-hawaiian-islands/

Last edited:

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
I am a member of the
To come to your area.

*Looks at mention of S4GRU permit maps*
*looks at S4GRU Premier Sponsorship tag next to my name*
*looks at S4GRU premeir sponsors forum & additional info*
*Looks at my permit map of the Upper Central Valley market & my assistance to Techsmurf (creator / upkeeper of the Tucson-Yuma & Hawaii permit maps)*
mmhm...

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Get TMo here in Louisiana and you'll spend all your time walking around with your phone in the air trying to find a signal. It depends on your area which carrier is best. Sprint happens to have the best here. AT&T has LTE that rarely connects and data caps, TMo never connects but is unlimited (wonder why). Sprint has good coverage, LTE, and no data caps.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey, where are you I'm Louisiana (if you don't mind me asking). I'm in New Orleans and I've been thinking about switching to prepaid using T-Mo's or AT&T's network. I've been trying to get some feedback on the networks. Since this is a little outside the scope of this post, can you reply to one of my others. (links below)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=271598

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=271602

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'll make it simple.

Yes you were a sprint customer, as I was a ATT one, yet you just bash Sprint and promote Tmobile at literally any turn. That's all you do in this section.. Hence the annoyance from others. Someone saying I get slow speed and you quoting LTE to someone who may not even have it in their area is not helping.. You don't even try and quote another carrier.. You harp to Tmobile... So you don't even try to help you promote as said before.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have more posts in this area promoting Tmobile than you do in the actual Tmobile area.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll make it simple.

Yes you were a sprint customer, as I was a ATT one, yet you just bash Sprint and promote Tmobile at literally any turn. That's all you do in this section.. Hence the annoyance from others. Someone saying I get slow speed and you quoting LTE to someone who may not even have it in their area is not helping.. You don't even try and quote another carrier.. You harp to Tmobile... So you don't even try to help you promote as said before.

I wouldn't be surprised if you have more posts in this area promoting Tmobile than you do in the actual Tmobile area.

My thoughts exactly bro lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Victory LTE using Tapatalk 2

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll make it simple.

Ummm... Ok

Sprint was great for me 2 years
Ago! Yee haw!

\ooo/

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ummm... Ok

Sprint was great for me 2 years
Ago! Yee haw!

\ooo/

Basically the only reason I jumped in on that one guys post was I go to the Sprint to read about Sprint. Good, bad, horrible things all in one spot.. And lately I go and I see nothing but "on Tmobile lte (insert screenshot) I get this. Great coverage speeds go Tmobile!"... Now not exactly but that's a summary so it's like I'm not even discussing Sprint anymore.. I'm discussing Tmobile in the Sprint section lol.

Now if you actually were suggesting multiple carriers that would be entirely different than but you don't.. You stick to Tmobile only, talk about how much better it is, and how much you love it and how it works for you.. And that's it.. Post ends. That's the "promoting" part we are all talking about.

We come here to talk about Sprint.. The past few weeks all I see is you promoting Tmobile. Makes this area useless if we are going to just promote other carriers lol.

smcolbert

May 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, these forums are useless if they aren't organized and they aren't organized if you don't stay on topic. Imagine the poor sap linking to this from a Google search and having to sort through all the T-Mobile speed tests when they were looking for Sprint speed tests.