4G Coverage in Charlotte, NC Much Better

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Similar improvement here in Raleigh. I get 2.0-2.5 with 1 bar, 3.5-4 with 2, and up to 6 with 3 bars (which is rare where I travel between my home and office) which is 1-1.5 higher across the board than what i got over launch weekend. But we've had 4G here since before the overdrive came out it seems like, so it's a more mature network.

I've also noticed that I now get 2 bars where I got only 1 on launch? Anyone else seen signal levels increase like their turning up the towers?

Heres to hoping coverage is great on campus in the fall. :cool:

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yes the speedtest app is horrible, I uninstalled it. I was tethering via USB and doing the speakeasy test for the tests at my home and office (1 and 2 bars) and was doing the speakeasy test via the stock browser for the 3 bar test (was downtown) so the 3 bar test may have actually been faster if i was tethered.

I have ALWAYS been faster tethered, but I have no idea why.

kudosmog

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to double check my signal in kernersville.
When I had clear, it was spotty coverage using their USB modems and I only get 1 maybe 2 bars of signal at the house with the phone. Even with the "fair" or "poor" signal I still get 3+ download and the seemingly capped 1 upload.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital