There must be something we can do as a group!!

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks,

After hours spent over the phone with "advanced tech support" to somehow improve my speeds of 25kbps download and they finally send me to the store for a possible replacement.
When I get to the store to talk with the repair rep that I know because he's tested my phone 3 times he states the following:

Replacing your phone won't do anything to increase your speeds in the Houston area because Sprints focus is not on 3G anymore. We tested 4 display phones on 3G right inside the store and they all yielded the same crappy results 400+ ping with an avg of 30kbps download. He went on to further tell me that the network vision updates have already taken place in the area but they made no significant impact because at any given time 1k plus users are using the towers. He said the only thing I could do is get LTE and hopefully that has good coverage.

So basically word from the horses mouth is that those of us without an LTE phone is SOL when it comes to getting the service we expect and should have. People like me have over a year left on contract and its impossible to use my phone while getting these sad speeds. As a group how can we come together and fight against Sprint for allowing its network to get so bad? All im asking for is A. Get upgrade price on an LTE phone, B. Sprint makes meaningful improvements in their network, C. Allow me to get out of my contract with no ETF.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Finding someone that actually knows what they are talking might be a good start. Don't believe everything some random employee has to say. This is especially true if he's trying anything he can to get you out the door.

Reactions: crzycrkr

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I agree we're getting sub standard service at premium price. We should be getting 4-6 times the speeds we are getting on a LTE phone.I know sprints working on it , but there should be been a 4G equivalent until we get LTE.

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

truthteller10

Banned
Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
Finding someone that actually knows what they are talking might be a good start. Don't believe everything some random employee has to say. This is especially true if he's trying anything he can to get you out the door.

The cards add up in his statements though..Think about it for a minute the 'upgrades" have been done in the Houston area but we are still seeing horrid speeds. In essence we are SOL

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Then leave Sprint for a new carrier! Paying the ETF might be worth it.

I left Sprint's dial up network last month for ATT and I am glad I left! 5-7 meg down on HSPA+ is just awesome! Sprint in my area was only getting about 200K...Need I say more?

Last edited:

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
A class action lawsuit might eliminate the ETF, that would make it easier to jump ship.

pretext

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Then leave Sprint for a new carrier! Paying the ETF might be worth it.

That's what I did. Couldn't stand it anymore after 10 1/2 years. I had to reset my brother's EVO3d this weekend cause it kept constantly rebooting. After setting it all back up, it was a refreshing reminder that I made the right choice to switch carriers.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I've filed a complaint with the BBB and corporate got involved. After 3 more months of their "upgrades" I filed an FCC complaint.

Could you go through the steps here to help others who may wish to do the same, much obliged mercury81

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I went online to BBB.org , thats the Better Business Bureau website and filed a complaint online. I did the same on the FCC's website.
This was after NUMEROUS lies by CS and being treated poorly. I highly recommend going that route!

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I went online to BBB.org , thats the Better Business Bureau website and filed a complaint online. I did the same on the FCC's website.
This was after NUMEROUS lies by CS and being treated poorly. I highly recommend going that route!

Thank you for the reply, My understanding is that you based this complaint on the fact. That we were sold phones that are suppose to operate on a LTE network . Being that sprint is not even built half of that network, it knowingly sold the devices to their customers who would not be able to use the full functionality of their newly purchased contracted devices. Would these statements be correct....

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh god... This guy again...

Sprint is still working on 3g. Just because an employee says their focus isn't on 3g anymore doesn't mean anything.

In baltimore and dc, was seeing beautiful speeds. Now working on lte and nv, speeds have crawled but they have slowly been picking back up.

Only advice I have for OP (for the 13th time) is either pay etf or burn bridges and go elsewhere. We don't want you anymore anyway, with all due respect.

As for the class action lawsuit, have fun getting shot down. Nowhere in the contract does it say anything about guaranteed network speeds. I've read the ToS plenty.

Want the easy way out? Set your phone to roam as much as you can. Use over 300mb roaming data, sprint WILL let you go.
Sent using my MoPho-King photon

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Put what you want. I have had dropped calls and no signal since march. I don't have the basic services im paying for. Then they treat you like crap and lie to you.
Honesty and respect would be nice. Sprint should be kissing ass in my area instead of being ignorant to people.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Oh god... This guy again...

Sprint is still working on 3g. Just because an employee says their focus isn't on 3g anymore doesn't mean anything.

In baltimore and dc, was seeing beautiful speeds. Now working on lte and nv, speeds have crawled but they have slowly been picking back up.

Only advice I have for OP (for the 13th time) is either pay etf or burn bridges and go elsewhere. We don't want you anymore anyway, with all due respect.

As for the class action lawsuit, have fun getting shot down. Nowhere in the contract does it say anything about guaranteed network speeds. I've read the ToS plenty.

Want the easy way out? Set your phone to roam as much as you can. Use over 300mb roaming data, sprint WILL let you go.
Sent using my MoPho-King photon

That's the only way I can get a decent signal, I've been roaming for two weeks straight...:beer::D:thumbup:

briankeene

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I had fine service until march in western Chicago suburb. Then the network vision started. It's all in how your treated through the bad time, Sprint is dropping the ball big time.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Mercury81

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol