San Francisco Bay Area 4G

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
I had the privilege of attending HTC's party in Francisco last night and talked with a Sprint guy who was there. He told me 4G was being tested in Palo Alto, and I can confirm that I get a signal from Palo Alto to Mountain View while driving down 101.

Furthermore, I asked him where in the Bay Area 4G would roll out. He said it would cover from San Francisco all the way down to Santa Cruz! That makes me happy as I live in San Jose and work in Redwood City.

When I asked when, he said October :)

This is all coming from one Sprint guy at a party, so take it as you will. I tend to think there is merit in what he told me since he was right about the testing in Palo Alto. :)

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Oh yea!!! It's coming to Santa Cruz too!!! Wow, I wouldn't think we'd get 4g here in Santa Cruz that fast. That's good to know, plus with the 4g in the bay too cuz i travel there a lot. Hmmm...I should be getttin my Evo this week and I will be in the bay area so I will def see if I can pick up some 4g signal.

jds

May 26, 2010
Visit site
i have it at work i work near yahoo in santa clara and i have a strong signal

i don't have it at home in campbell though

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
So westbay and eastbay? What about the Northbay? Hope we get 4G signal!!!

No idea about east bay, etc. But I'm assuming those would be covered as well. The guy simply said all of the bay area from SF to SC. We'll just have to wait and see :)

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

JERAVICIOUS

May 16, 2010
Visit site
i have it at work i work near yahoo in santa clara and i have a strong signal

i don't have it at home in campbell though

Wow, this is great!! First in Palo Alto now there's news that Santa Clara is gettin 4g signal. Shows that Sprint is hard at work gettin 4g rolled out in the bay. Oct seems like a reasonable deadline in gettin 4g in the bay, considering that the bay area is pretty large with SF, Oakland, the Peninsula area, San Jose, and all the way down to Santa Cruz.

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I been getting 4G in Hayward and sporadically in SJ and Milpitas. Fastest speed i was able to test is 4.6 MB down 1 MB up during off peak hrs

cliberti

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I was just able to pull a signal in San Leandro and tested the speed with wthe speedtest app. The speed is FAST. i don't have my phone rooted so don't have a screen grab. My numbers with 2 bars of signal are: 5454 kbps down, 985 kbps up, 137ms ping

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hayward, CA is where I was. Seems the coverage runs down Hesperian Blvd. I stopped in the parking lot yesterday and today at Chabot College and a few miles away at a local soccer field and got similar speeds both days as my EVO picked up the 4G signal:

4506kbps down
945kbps up

pretty consistent between 4M-5M down and 700k-1M up.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I was just able to pull a signal in San Leandro and tested the speed with wthe speedtest app. The speed is FAST. i don't have my phone rooted so don't have a screen grab. My numbers with 2 bars of signal are: 5454 kbps down, 985 kbps up, 137ms ping

You don't need to be rooted for ShootMe to work on the Evo, just activate USB Debugging.

mstrmxr2k5

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
4G in San Francisco

I can confirm that 4G is up and running in the city. Havn't had much luck in the eastbay, but it's blazing downtown at Oracle Open World.

saleen2002

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
yeah i just saw there was some in wc and spots....i hope they move it east some very soon. id really like to get it at my house!!

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I was in San Francisco yesterday and had a very spotty 4G signal. I ran the speed test but then I realized the Speed Test Server was set to Kansas. Whoops!