4G info for those in Tampa,FL

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My coworker has a family member that works at sprint as an engineer in Tampa and he's had his EVO 4G for a while now, he also said that the 4G signals have been up for about a month for the engineers to test. So far no bugs as they continue to test.

He said it should be open to public in mid to late July.

That's pretty encouraging news for those in Tampa, FL :D

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
i'm trying to find out the same lol, i asked my coworker to ask him, i live in wesley chapel, but i work right next to Tampa Airport.

i'm guessing it will not reach out that far, but if it does that means there is a good chance that maybe i could also get a 4g signal at home.

Jerry-O

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thats awsome.. I cant wait until the coverage info is released. Tampa can be anythng from downtown only to including Plant City and St Petersburg depending on who you talk to (The whole Tampa Bay thing).

Hopefully 4G will make it out to Brandon at least.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I live across from Busch Gardens and i get a signal saying 4 g is available but i cannot connect yet . My friend at sprint said they are putting towers up from new port richey to sarasota .

dphorgan2#AC

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Im getting a 4G signal in Palm Harbor 34683. There is a tower right on US 19 and it has to be a Sprint tower. Same issue with obtaining an IP address. Maybe they have MAC filtering on for testing. I heard you can do that with Wimax, correct me if im wrong.

italianotampa

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Im getting a 4G signal in Palm Harbor 34683. There is a tower right on US 19 and it has to be a Sprint tower. Same issue with obtaining an IP address. Maybe they have MAC filtering on for testing. I heard you can do that with Wimax, correct me if im wrong.
I would think u can since it is basically WiFi. I am getting it all over Hillsborough county w that same message. It's a matter of time before they switch it fully on.

Envy Life

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt