4G LTE Tethering

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So I download a lot of movies and I'm looking forward to being able to dl them on a tethered LTE connection so I don't lag my network. However, I've heard that sprint will keep track and fine you if you go overboard, is this true?

Btw, I'm talking about the tether you get when you root, not the official sprint app.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So I download a lot of movies and I'm looking forward to being able to dl them on a tethered LTE connection so I don't lag my network. However, I've heard that sprint will keep track and fine you if you go overboard, is this true?

Btw, I'm talking about the tether you get when you root, not the official sprint app.

Define overboard. Unlimited is unlimited, unless you pay for the tethering... Which is tiered now.

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Sprint claims they can identify when you're tethering (by any method), and will cancel your account if you use too much tethered data while not paying for it. That being said, I've never heard of them actually doing it.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Just download through your browser on your phone and transfer them to your PC with the USB. Unless your using torrents, then I don't think that'll work.

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Define overboard. Unlimited is unlimited, unless you pay for the tethering... Which is tiered now.

Well in the last month I downloaded like 25 gb or something like that. I'm assuming that this is considered "overboard"
And btw I am using torrents.

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Well in the last month I downloaded like 25 gb or something like that. I'm assuming that this is considered "overboard"
And btw I am using torrents.

If they say anything about it, tell them to define unlimited. But anyways, I've had those months, and still have sprint as my carrier, so...

With at least 8gb tethered via cm7 on my old optimus s...

Seditec

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I use right around 48-80gbs a month via mobile browser I have gotten the 25 dollar tether charge and got it removed because I proved it wasn't from tether I love my 32gb SD card and torrent android torrent program.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

tirith

Resident Linux Fiend
Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Only thing is foxfi only works with bluetooth on sammy and htc. Wifi works on lg and moto

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think that you should be able to find a Sense-based ROM that includes the HTC camera app.

My camera works great, FoxFi works great, multitasking works great, WiFi works great, LTE works great. I have everything I want. Why should I root/ROM?

HTC EVO 4G LTE

Geejay22

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Well 3 months ago my home internet was down...and I had to wait for Verizon to fix it, so I tethered my wimax to my devices at home...by the end of the month over 50 gigs of data was used....no warning from sprint...lol

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol