Sprint 4G LTE Launching in 5 Cities July 15

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
And the sad part is that those 5 markets already had WiMax 4G. So those of us (like me in a 1.7 million person area) who were promised WiMax years ago and never got anything, are still stuck with ever-more-miserable 3G, while people in the new LTE markets have had WiMax as an option for a long time and now have LTE IN ADDITION to the WiMax and improved 3G also.

It isn't fair. They should have started with the previously neglected areas. (I know, whine, whine. But I just gotta vent some).

droidlife4life

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
And the sad part is that those 5 markets already had WiMax 4G. So those of us (like me in a 1.7 million person area) who were promised WiMax years ago and never got anything, are still stuck with ever-more-miserable 3G, while people in the new LTE markets have had WiMax as an option for a long time and now have LTE IN ADDITION to the WiMax and improved 3G also.

It isn't fair. They should have started with the previously neglected areas. (I know, whine, whine. But I just gotta vent some).

I completely agree hopefully we get LTE in phoenix soon cuz this is bullshh] man...

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
There was already a thread about this going.
I know, because it is mine. Please look before you leap.
Thanks.

Sent from the future per SkyNet via a Galaxy Nexus.

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Wow... I am so underwhelmed..

Sprint needs to speak up when is the 99% gonna get it.

Seriously.. No NY ??? I am travelling in Chiacgo this week and clocking a whopping 50kbps... seriously Sprint..

Has this come to this now ?

k000

May 12, 2012
Visit site
There was already a thread about this going.
I know, because it is mine. Please look before you leap.
Thanks.

Sent from the future per SkyNet via a Galaxy Nexus.

His was posted originally in Evo LTE 4G forum first and moved here.. anyway.. yours didn't get as many his hits as his... and we owns you now ;)

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
His was posted originally in Evo LTE 4G forum first and moved here.. anyway.. yours didn't get as many his hits as his... and we owns you now ;)

That is all well and good so therefore the "person" who moved it should have noted that mine was posted first and rolled them together.
Oh well. As long as the info is out there. :)

Mav. :cool:

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I think it's sucky that 3 of the markets are in Texas. Spread the love! But it is nice to see some progress being made.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
IT means that 40% of the towers in that area have gone thru the NV update.

Each city that has the NV update will have a different percentage of completion..
Im in Dallas, and when i checked earlier were at 30-35% completion but this month and soon after they are ramping up the process to make sure the other 70% gets done faster..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae