Update confusion?

Nquateman

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Upgrade to:evo 4g lte
Galaxy s 3
Gnex???

I'm in the same decision box. I'm opting for the SIII because of 2gig of RAM, and replacable battery. I've moved on to the decision about staying with Sprint, or going to Verizon. Probably staying with Sprint because I feel favorably towards the customer service, but I'm nervous about spending half the next contract on a slower network if they don't maintain their upgrade schedule (I'm in Los Angeles).

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade to:evo 4g lte
Galaxy s 3
Gnex???

EVO 4G

All great phones, just personal preference. I typed up a list of differences. It might help you pick which phone has the features that you care most about.

• Sense, TouchWiz, or stock ICS? Personal preference, but I think most people would agree that TouchWiz is at the bottom of the list
  • The GNex has the worse camera of the 3. Both the Evo camera and the GS3 camera are really good.
  • The Evo has the best screen.
  • The GNex should get Jelly Bean soon, the others will be waiting for an update for a while. (I'm betting the Evo gets JB before the GS3 because HTC tends to be faster with updates.)
  • The GNex is a little cheaper. (More bang for your buck?)
  • The GNex comes with 32GB of internal storage but no expandable storage. The GS3 comes in 16GB and 32GB and has expandable storage. The Evo comes with 16GB of internal storage and has expandable storage.
  • The GS3 and GNex have removable batteries. The Evo's battery is non-removable.
  • The GS3 has 2GB of RAM. Although I'm not sure it would make much of a real world difference. It would allow you to keep more app in memory. Maybe it would improve high-end gaming.
  • The GNex has Google Wallet. The Evo will have Google Wallet whenever they get it working. The GS3 doesn't have Google Wallet.
  • GNex has onscreen buttons. The Evo has capacitive buttons. The GS3 has capacitive buttons with a physcal home button and has a non-standard menu button instead of a multitasking button.
  • The Evo is metal. The GS3 and GNex are plastic.
  • The Evo has a kickstand.

I'm sure there are things that I forgot. Everyone feel free to add to the list.

derek5l

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Same boat. I can get the GNex for $79 right now at Wirefly, but I think I like the EVO best. I've been a loyal EVO fan since the OG Evo and I appreciate the design that HTC puts into their devices. Feels solid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same decision box. I'm opting for the SIII because of 2gig of RAM, and replacable battery. I've moved on to the decision about staying with Sprint, or going to Verizon. Probably staying with Sprint because I feel favorably towards the customer service, but I'm nervous about spending half the next contract on a slower network if they don't maintain their upgrade schedule (I'm in Los Angeles).

I recommend going to sprint store and comparing the two...S3 screen sux...its too dark (100% brightness) and pixelated...it will only get worse on the sunlight..

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Same boat. I can get the GNex for $79 right now at Wirefly, but I think I like the EVO best. I've been a loyal EVO fan since the OG Evo and I appreciate the design that HTC puts into their devices. Feels solid.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

Agreed. I started with the Evo 3D and was very happy with it. I was wanting a Evo LTE, but happened to get a GNex for free. I'm very happy with it, and I'm definitely excited about Jelly Bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair