Will this work?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I am planning on getting the galaxy s3 on Thursday . Thing is I am not elegable for an early upgrade till October and can't do an early upgrade. My plan is to get the gs3 on a new line and than cancel my main line ,eft will be $80.

Will that work

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I am planning on getting the galaxy s3 on Thursday . Thing is I am not elegable for an early upgrade till October and can't do an early upgrade. My plan is to get the gs3 on a new line and than cancel my main line ,eft will be $80.

Will that work

You could also just see if you can just buy out the rest of your contract for that $80 and that would make your line eligable for an upgrade.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

Will that work

Do you mean add a line to your existing account and cancle your current line? Won't you lose your phone number? I'd definitely recommending asking about a contract buyout.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you mean add a line to your existing account and cancle your current line? Won't you lose your phone number? I'd definitely recommending asking about a contract buyout.

I agree a contract buyout should be $50.00 or less.

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I see thats a horse of a different color then. I would wait it out unless your looking for a different carrier all together.

Im sticking with sprint.

Guy on sprint chat said i can go to a sprint store and see about an early upgrade. Heard that was done, but hopefully i can.

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After the Premier program ended last year, I tried to do the contract buyout (because I was stuck with the Optimus S that got the Gbread update, and it bricked the phone), and they wouldn't consider it. Wouldn't even talk to me about it..just told me that they no longer allowed contract buyout since premier was over. If anyone should've been able to qualify and get contract buyout, shouldn't that be someone who's had an Optimus S for a year, and after having it a year, the software bricks the phone? I thought so, but apparently they didn't and I was stuck with 3 Optimus S phones...so i learned rooting.

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I see thats a horse of a different color then. I would wait it out unless your looking for a different carrier all together.

I don't see how it is a horse of a different color. It would still be $50 to buyout.

Im sticking with sprint.

Guy on sprint chat said i can go to a sprint store and see about an early upgrade. Heard that was done, but hopefully i can.

Early upgrade and buyout can mean something different depending on who you talk to.

After the Premier program ended last year, I tried to do the contract buyout (because I was stuck with the Optimus S that got the Gbread update, and it bricked the phone), and they wouldn't consider it. Wouldn't even talk to me about it..just told me that they no longer allowed contract buyout since premier was over. If anyone should've been able to qualify and get contract buyout, shouldn't that be someone who's had an Optimus S for a year, and after having it a year, the software bricks the phone? I thought so, but apparently they didn't and I was stuck with 3 Optimus S phones...so i learned rooting.

You only qualify for a buyout after 13 months of active service. And then it isn't everyone. There are different qualifiers.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how it is a horse of a different color. It would still be $50 to buyout.

Early upgrade and buyout can mean something different depending on who you talk to.

You only qualify for a buyout after 13 months of active service. And then it isn't everyone. There are different qualifiers.

Do not go into store all for a buyout, call over the phone through Sprint CS.

sent from EVO4GLTE

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Wow jennell. Havent seen you around here for awhile.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

That is because I was on iPhone for a year. ;-)

Do not go into store all for a buyout, call over the phone through Sprint CS.

sent from EVO4GLTE

I am a manager of a store. I get people buyouts all the time. This is terrible advice to give someone. Sprint CS sucks. I have more numbers to call and people to talk to so I can get a person the buyout.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I am a manager of a store. I get people buyouts all the time. This is terrible advice to give someone. Sprint CS sucks. I have more numbers to call and people to talk to so I can get a person the buyout.

Just a personal experience I had.

sent from EVO4GLTE

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

So you back on android now or still with ios?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463