Getting Sprint Service

kdurantmvp

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Okay I'm looking at getting the GS3 on sprint this weekend. But I have a question.

1. Since I am new, I know I will have a high security deposit. So is it possible to like pay the security deposit and then have the charge of the phone deferred to the first month bill? So for example, lets say my security deposit is $250 and the GS3 is $263.53(just for this example, it might be less or more), when I start my service, can i pay the $250 then, and then have the GS3 amount charged to my first month bill?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Do you know when and why they stop doing that?
Sometime around the end of 2010, beginning of 2011.

Probably the best reason, too many people bought phones and charged them to their monthly bill then walked or defaulted on their accounts/bills.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they do security deposits anymore. Just a spending limit. I have pretty bad credit because of student loans, etc. and I have a spending limit of $150. But no security deposit.

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't think they do security deposits anymore. Just a spending limit. I have pretty bad credit because of student loans, etc. and I have a spending limit of $150. But no security deposit.

They still have deposits for some customers. Sprint's usually the most lenient with deposits. Spending limits are folks in between no deposit and actually paying a deposit. Make on time payments for a year and you'll get your deposit back.

compwiz1202

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I loved spending limit years ago because it meant no deposit, and eventually they took away the limit; however, now I read they charge $4.99 a month for having a spending limit unless you do autopay. They should allow customers a choice between a deposit and a spending limit. At least if you can afford to pay the deposit, you will get that back after a year of on time payments, and not be forced to use autopay if you don't want to pay the $4.99/month and never get it back.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You gotta have pretty bad credit to have a deposit. My credit isn't perfect but good and att and Verizon both didn't want a deposit from me. You can have them check your credit before getting a phone. I'd do that if I was you.

Keep us posted on how things go!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
You gotta have pretty bad credit to have a deposit. My credit isn't perfect but good and att and Verizon both didn't want a deposit from me. You can have them check your credit before getting a phone. I'd do that if I was you.

Keep us posted on how things go!

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy SIII

I agree. I have poor credit and owe a wireless carrier money. Went to Verizon and was approved no deposit and that has never happened to me. Carriers maybe doing this to get more people in the door.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums