Anyone getting Sprint Hieroglyphics Texts ??? ����

jimmycinla

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone getting these texts ? What are they ?

I know two people in San Diego market so far getting them, I've had 5 so far today.

��BMy���2��~d4eA~ݹycӇb ��iٕ�ytAO�>�v�ASF�h4�A�v�(0�闟E� 
�e

-j

jonathanm1978

Super-elite full-time dad
Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a custom ROM (cyanogenmod) with my optimus S..and when someone leaves me a voicemail message (on Sprint, not Google voice), I get a text message that says this:

(actually, it's two text messages, the first one says this):

//ANDROID:*@vvm.coremobility.com has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen. MMSN,c351102d49d,41f,M68BzrH9Msi//CM

(then a second message that says)
//ANDROID:MWI Notif turnOff mdn:256*******
CFGs3201.0=09erbxzc0omb723xZThDj9//CM

I took out my phone number and replaced it with **** in the second message. Everything else is exactly as I receive it. WTF is this crap..I been getting it for MONTHS...if I even get notif of VM. Most times I don't get this at all, but the number it comes from (sender) is 9016

Curious.

ballr4lyf

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a custom ROM (cyanogenmod) with my optimus S..and when someone leaves me a voicemail message (on Sprint, not Google voice), I get a text message that says this:

(actually, it's two text messages, the first one says this):

//ANDROID:*@vvm.coremobility.com has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen. MMSN,c351102d49d,41f,M68BzrH9Msi//CM

(then a second message that says)
//ANDROID:MWI Notif turnOff mdn:256*******
CFGs3201.0=09erbxzc0omb723xZThDj9//CM

I took out my phone number and replaced it with **** in the second message. Everything else is exactly as I receive it. WTF is this crap..I been getting it for MONTHS...if I even get notif of VM. Most times I don't get this at all, but the number it comes from (sender) is 9016

Curious.

This is common with CM ROMs because of the way Sprint handles voicemails. They receive the voicemail on their server and alert your device it has a voicemail for you via SMS. You never see this on a "Sprint-based" ROM, because the ROM is designed to hide the SMS message about your incoming voicemail.

Being that CM does not build in the Sprint ROM's functionality into it (because it's not open source), you will actually get the text message that was meant for your Sprint VM.

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I got 2 of those on an old verizon fascinate i have loaded with an ics rom that my son plays games with. I guess one came sometime in may and the other yesterday at 2:36 cst. I thought it was odd I got them on that phone and even more odd it was on air plane mode with just wifi on but not connected to a network. I downloaded lookout and ran a scan but nothing showed up. weird stuff.

Edit: from what I remember it was the same text the OP posted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci