Any Sprint users in Tulsa area?

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
How is your phone connectivity? I'm not talking about 3g/4g data, I'm talking about can you make / receive phone calls consistently?

I currently have the Evo 4g LTE and I'm having about a 75% failure rate (dropped call) on both incoming and outgoing calls. Sometimes the phone disconnects before I can even answer it, sometimes I can talk to the person on the other end for around 3 seconds before the call drops. It doesn't matter where I am in Tulsa (kinda rules out any individual tower), I get the same dropped call madness everywhere. This has been going on for months. I started having these kinds of issues about 2 months before my contract was up with my old phone, the Evo 4G. I thought my issues would go away when I got the new phone.

I've already done all the obvious things (update PRL, update profile, OTA updates, take phone to Sprint store, etc). Please dont reply if you are not in the Tulsa area, if Sprint is working great for you in your city I'm green with envy.

What is your experience?

yellar

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not in Tulsa but up in the Claremore area and I have the Gnex and I been getting this on occasion also. Mostly what I get is when I make calls and the person answers its dead quiet and either I hang up or they do and it goes thru the 2nd time. As far as dropping calls I have had a couple at home last week but nothing recently seems to be better now. I had to have my phone replaced and went to Owasso to the store there and the rep told me (for what its worth) that sprint was working on towers around Tulsa taking out all the next tel stuff. All I can tell you is when he called me to tell me my phone was in his phone dropped the call 3 times lol. I don't go to Tulsa much anymore so I can't say what its like there. I have been to Dallas and KC in the last week and never had issues with dropped calls. Data is another story......

BTW my wife works in downtown Tulsa and calls me frequently and hasn't had any dropped calls when I talk to her, but most of our convos are 5 mins or less. When she calls me on the way home it never drops on either of us. She says she don't experience any dropped calls either when calling anyone else. She uses the Epic Touch 4g.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
We live about 45 minutes away but my husband works in Tulsa. I don't even bother calling him at work anymore because every call drops when he's there. We have LG Optimus S's, fwiw, and are switching to the Epic 4g Touch on Friday, though I don't think that will make a difference (I just want a newer phone bc of other issues with this p.o.s.). Funny thing is that we consistent have only 1-2 bars at home and never drop calls here...

Maybe they're doing tower upgrades around the Tulsa area as part of the network vision business...who knows.

bas.androiddev

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.

I'm headed to Dallas for the weekend pretty soon, I'm going to make sure to use my phone as much as possible so I can compare the Tulsa towers with Dallas.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781