3g speeds down in certain areas

jrobinson

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
In the past couple of days I have noticed a dramatic decrease in 3g speeds. At first I thought this was everywhere, but it seems to be isolated to certain areas, including my house. This all seemed to line up with the PRL update. I updated and it seemed to help for a little bit, then I did a hard reset. I am wondering if it is possible for the data speeds to drop off, only in a certain area. This will be a real deal breaker if the data persists to be slow at my house, as I use it for teathering.

werx

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
As far as 3g speeds are concerned I average at 110 kilobytes a second. I mated at 130 and have had as slow as 30.... 3g is just slow in general.

Lockeskidney

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
when i first got the phone
Sp4il.png

just now w/ wifi
Hxi5y.png

3G
miami server
JuLBA.png

kansas server
gYgVr.png

jrobinson

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The above speeds look good, and look similar to what I had when I first got the phone. I know 3g shouldn't be snapping fast, hence 4g. I wouldn't be complaining if I had not observed decent speeds in the first place. Going to sprint later today to see what they say.

Jarid

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
It all depends on how many people are eating up the network at the same time.. From my house I range any where from .25 MB per second to a high of around 1.50 MB per second. All from my couch.... No real way to know why it's slow some days/times and fast others...

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It's also possible that Sprint has a problem with one of their towers near your house, or a network issue. If performance drops significantly, call them up and ask if there's an outage. You may be the first to alert them to a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy