Sprint 4G Coverage equals an email to Sprint

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I sent an email to dan@sprint.com, dan.hesse@sprint.com, and dan.r.hesse@sprint.com Did i forget one or any? LOL

The email was sent in response to the 4G data coverage for the St. Louis, Missouri area. When it launched they stopped at Wentzville, Missouri and forgot to run up highway 61 to Troy and run out Interstate 70 to Warrenton to complete the St. Louis market launch.

I explained that the store in Troy, Missouri along with Warrenton signed up many customers for the HTC EVO with the promise that 4G service would be here at launch date which has came and gone. This was also confirmed by many Sprint stores and reps to the east of there.

I placed many phone calls to Sprint tech support about this issue and if they could give me an ETA as to when 4G would be here since the launch date has came and gone and they left out the western side of the market, there reply is what are you talking about the St. Louis market is complete with 4G service.

I said in the email that I would like a rough ETA of when it is coming to the western side of the market or if they could please credit me the $10 a month extra data charge since right now my phone is NOT using anymore data since you are leaving this area 3G.

What do you guys think is there anyone here that works for Sprint engineering or have inside information as to this issue and a possible resolve?

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
It is not about wasting time it is about proving a point do not say the St. Louis market is now 4G up and running when it clearly does not by a bunch of missed cities that is false advertising and opening themselves up for many cancellations without charging ETFs over a service they are not providing as promised and documented.

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
I know it is the data oh well I will just cancel and go with Verizon cause when they launch LTE it is suppose to be network wide not none of this or you are the chosen ones and well we are going to skip over this "ghetto" neighborhood.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're not gonna get the $10 back. EVERYONE has to pay for the phone if they have have an Evo.

Nope,I have 4 lines with them. All Smartphones. Family plan unlimited (5gb) data but on the Evo true unlimited, 1500 minutes, UNLIMITED CALLING TO ANY CELL PHONE, ANY CARRIER, ANY TIME. unlimted text, unlimited pic mail. Unlimited Sprint TV. Unlimited GPS through Sprint Nav (which I do prefer over the google one, and the last update to it ROCKED it out even more). Family locator. I think I have a line or two with insurance too.

Either way, I pay about $170 a month. The 2nd and 3rd phones were $20 a month instead of $10 because they had all the unlimited things too. I get a 20% discount. I have also been with then for 5 years. Anyhow. I pay so much a month, and on time, that if I wanted to complain about the extra $10 for the Evo without 4G in my area, I could get them to give me a $10 a month credit until it was in full release in my area.

Now, if you are a single line, $79 a month. Just started or keep jumping from carrier to carrier, Pay late very often then call up with a complaint, they will not show you the love they show me. I just got a $70 credit to renew my contract, which I was going to do in October anyhow when my main line could be renewed. Not only did they give me the $70, I can still renew that line in October! They, at times, kiss my butt. When assurion tried giving me a crap phone saying it was the equivalent of the one that broke, a Touch Screen with slide out keyboard to no touch screen 1/3 the size because the keyboard was on the front. Almost looked like a blackberry but made out of cheap plastic. I called Sprint. Sprint sent me the Moment my wife uses. FREE! No extending contract, no co-pay. FREE> I am a high paying customer and I pay on time. I am the type of customer Sprint wants to keep. I heard a SnapDragon 1.5ghz dual core may come out by the end of this year, or my wife might want to up grade from Moment to Epic.

Last edited:

acoleman1981

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Besides the 10 dollars a month isn't only for 4g service, it's uncapped 3g and 4g data. You can now download more than 5gb a month and won't be charged extra. Quit complaining about the 10/month i'm so sick and tired of everyone bitching about this. You accepted the agreement get over it.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Besides the 10 dollars a month isn't only for 4g service, it's uncapped 3g and 4g data. You can now download more than 5gb a month and won't be charged extra. Quit complaining about the 10/month i'm so sick and tired of everyone bitching about this. You accepted the agreement get over it.

Well said sir.

anon(22913)

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you people new to Sprint? Some people are a bit confused here. The $10 is NOT for unlimited data, Sprint has UNLIMITED DATA regardless. I had a Palm Pre and used more than 5GB of data all the time with no extra charges.

Unless you have a mobile broadband plan, there is absolutely NO 5GB data cap for using data on your Sprint smartphone. That's it. None. Nada. End of story.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site

Not only that. Even with the extra $10, Sprint is still cheaper then AT&T, Verizon, & T-Mobile.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I kinda hope they drop this guy and make him pay the ETF. If you had a problem with the $10/month, which was clearly brought forth before you got the phone, you should have returned it within the 30 days, they wouldn't have penalized you for that.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I sat just keep email them. Everytime they get an email they have to call you. Just waste their resources that way and you will feel better about the $10

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Millions of people are without 4G still and you're worried about a small suburb of STL.

Wow.

a small suburb... 50 MILES from Downtown at that! now if he was in Fairview Heights or Belleville over on the east side I'd say yeah when are they going to get 4g, but come on Warrenton, TROY! Heck you should be happy you got Sprint to put up 4g out to Wentzville at launch!

milominderbinde

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Sensorly shows exactly where other users are finding 3G and 4G coverage. You can see block-by-block. As you drive it logs your readings and compiles them in with everyone else's readings.

If you are within your 30 days, return it. If you decided to keep the EVO beyond your 30 return period, that was your right to make your own decision.

njt462

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Troy and Warrenton have always been a part of the St. Louis area. The market lines have been drawn up for sometime. The "St. Louis" market area with any cell phone provider, television station, and radio station is out west to Montgomery City, up north to Eolia, down south to Fredericktown, and out east to some place in Illinois.

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante