TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread

chuccck

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
so glad i finally found a decent discussion on Memphis sprint LTE. Do we have any towers turned on? I was waiting to get a gs3 for when they finally went live. Might have to wait for all these nexus rumors to sort themselves out too.

Dayzah

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I got LTE today on 40 west near the appling exit.. I have a iphone 5 tho.. My co-worker has iphone 5 with att and gets lte all over , 32mb in Collierville - 20 mb in midtown , 25mb in bartlett..

Kiwi77

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yep, started receiving LTE in S Bartlett today. Most likely same site serves the Appling/I-40 area. Hope the rollout goes faster than the Wimax/4G fiasco.....

Kiwi77

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, not there now. But, it was screamin', whatever it was...Maybe someone else can test for you. Will post speeds when I get back over there....

Dayzah

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I was getting up to 28.5mb dl and 9.5 up in Goodwill parking lot ( Corner of Summer/Stage) today while my fiance ran in .. You can get LTE on stage from about Hwy 70 ( Summer ) to Whitten. It went out as I was coming up on Elmore Park , which is a shame cause I live a 1/2 mile from there. What does suck tho is you cant download large apps from the app store unless your on wifi... I have a 10-12mb connection at home which is not even 1/2 the speed of LTE.

IMG_0038.PNG

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I was getting up to 28.5mb dl and 9.5 up in Goodwill parking lot ( Corner of Summer/Stage) today while my fiance ran in .. You can get LTE on stage from about Hwy 70 ( Summer ) to Whitten. It went out as I was coming up on Elmore Park , which is a shame cause I live a 1/2 mile from there. What does suck tho is you cant download large apps from the app store unless your on wifi... I have a 10-12mb connection at home which is not even 1/2 the speed of LTE.

View attachment 39968

I am getting 4g off and on at sycamore view macon rd area. Speeds are no where near yours. I am getting about 6 to 7 down and about 1.5 up but much better than 3g and it will only get better

redram38

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Oh and one more thing. My wife and I have the S3 and my daughter has the galaxy nexus 4g and she is not able to pick up 4g where we can.
Guess the S3 has a better radio

lb49ob

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I no longer have an android so don't bash me but I just wanted to inform you of the Sprint LTE that I've been coming across. I work around I-40 and Sycamore View and have notice in the last two days that the LTE signal has drastically increased on my iPhone 5. I have a very speedy secure connection from the interstate at Whitten rd. all the way up to Stage rd. I haven't been past there yet so I can't tell you how good it is on the other side. The fastest I've gotten was 31mb down and 10mb up. On average I'm around 20 down and 7 up. Hope this helps some of y'all. Don't give me too much grief about being on iOS, haha image.jpg

Dayzah

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Its now live at Covington Pike & Stage area also .. Getting 25 down and 10 up .. Kinda sucks , LTE works 1/2 a mile in each direction on Stage except where I live , hopefully all of Memphis and the surrounding areas go live soon.. Id love to drive all over town with a 20mb connection.

Has anyone gotten the 4g icon instead of LTE one? Which is faster?

Dayzah

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I no longer have an android so don't bash me but I just wanted to inform you of the Sprint LTE that I've been coming across. I work around I-40 and Sycamore View and have notice in the last two days that the LTE signal has drastically increased on my iPhone 5. I have a very speedy secure connection from the interstate at Whitten rd. all the way up to Stage rd. I haven't been past there yet so I can't tell you how good it is on the other side. The fastest I've gotten was 31mb down and 10mb up. On average I'm around 20 down and 7 up. Hope this helps some of y'all. Don't give me too much grief about being on iOS, haha View attachment 40426

I just noticed you have a wifi icon instead of the LTE one. But it says cellular for network.

lb49ob

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did the speed test while I was at the gym and uploaded it while I was at work. I have to connect to the wifi at work to be connected to our server for AirPrint and stuff like that.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Below are pics from the sensorly app displaying LTE coverage in Memphis/Bartlett. I can confirm that this is accurate as I've driven through these areas with my LTE turned on. The highest speeds I've gotten were 20 mbps down and 9 mbps up. That was around appling and Reese road.

uploadfromtaptalk1350395634628.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1350395657668.jpg

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Can you map your routes on the sensorly app? I've been around a few more places in the Bartlett area and a updated map is below.

uploadfromtaptalk1351029010173.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1351029036364.jpg

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinmo