TN: Memphis, TN 4G LTE Official Thread

thunderking

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Getting LTE on hacks cross, also when you turn on Germantown Road off of Winchester between Hacks and RIverdale. The speeds are actually.. nice.. let me see if I can upload a pic.. well I cant figure it out on my phone, but I got 19.65 Mbps up, 7.11 MBps down.. we really need to get LTE on SHELBY DRIVE BETWEEN RIVERDALE AND HACKS CROSS. There is a HUGE RESIDENTIAL area here and the speeds are just bad. Im sick and tired of getting laughed @ by friends/family/acquaintances who have Verizon/ATT/T-Mobile. Sprint, please speed up the process. You are leaving a huge chunk of your customers out.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Were you able to run a Speed Test before 4g disappeared?

yea...it was kind of crappy...but im in the residential area

LTE is great on winchester by costco, best buy, target, etc.....but if you live in the neighborhoods, the speeds are horrendous..even with LTE...I can't get more than 1mbps in the residentail area

however, near the stores, I can get about 4-5mbps

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
LTE speeds right outside new era barbershop (behind Malco majestic) at Riverdale and Winchester. I've mapped a small stretch of Riverdale on sensorly. It should show up on the map soon.

uploadfromtaptalk1358463858784.jpg

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok its almost been a month since the last post...No new reported LTE activity?

Sent from my phone that's better than yours.

Jaylw09

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Just started getting 4g in my area around Bellevue and South Parkway

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1360803687712.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1360803687712.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 72

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
According to phonearena.com, the Memphis market will be launched tomorrow (along with 20 other markets)! Further evidence of this is the sprint coverage map. If you check out the map, LTE is covering all of Memphis. But traveling around town that is not the case in some areas. Anyway, link is below where I found his out.

Sent from Wal-Mart.

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
LTE Officially launched in Memphis.

m.androidcentral.com/sprint-updates-its-list-official-4g-lte-locations-announces-upcoming-additions

Sent from Ravenholm.

Mista_J

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Does this mean that 4g is turned on all over the city or still in certain areas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

regression

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Does this mean that 4g is turned on all over the city or still in certain areas?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Must mean certain areas, I am still at dial up 3g speeds. At lunch, I was in an area I normally get 4g, but now I am stuck on 3g. However, I did see some guys working on a Sprint tower next to my work place. So I assume they are still working to roll it out. Maybe after they cover X percent of an area they consider it "rolled out"???

acr456

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Must mean certain areas, I am still at dial up 3g speeds. At lunch, I was in an area I normally get 4g, but now I am stuck on 3g. However, I did see some guys working on a Sprint tower next to my work place. So I assume they are still working to roll it out. Maybe after they cover X percent of an area they consider it "rolled out"???

Yes, certain areas. I work over by the oak court mall and 4G is not yet turned on yet. S4gru.com is a great site that tracks sprint LTE if you want more information about certain cell sites and the percentage of completion of a certain city.

Sent from Ravenholm.

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
LTE was amazing near FedEx HQ on Winchester and Hacks Cross 2-3 months prior to them officially announcing LTE just a little bit ago.

Ever since then, the LTE signal has disappeared and back to crappy 3g