I need advice, 4th phone replacement...

sweetkissez2003

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's my story: I had MetroPCS but switched to Sprint last December...they were having a deal on the HTC EVO and the EVO Shift...both free with new service. I ordered one of each, one for me and one for my husband. My husband has been using his EVO for 10 months with no problems at all...I took the Shift and couldn't get service at all in my house and the touch screen was giving me nothing but problems so I contacted Sprint and they send me a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Epic (evo shifts were out of stock)..anyway, nothing but problems with the Epic (no service in my house, touch screen issues..) they send me another Epic, same thing, then another Epic, same thing. (sorry for run on sentence) I have since spoken with numerous people at Sprint on the phone, they finally tell me I can get a brand new phone (no refurbish) and send me to a store to pick it up. I get to the store and they tell me they can't do anything for me, I would have to call and send my phone to be fixed. I've about had it with the refurbished phones, I want a new one all together..I've called about 15 times in the past week and telling them the same story, sometimes I get cut off, and the other times I'm told to go to a store (yes, I went to a tech center)..each person telling me the store will give me a whole new phone..they're sending me in circles, meanwhile, I need a working phone...I've tried wiping an resetting the phones, the whole battery pull thing..nothing...I know I've only been with the company for 10 months, which I guess isn't long enough to receive good customer service or be considered a good customer, but I pay a lot of money to have two working phones and so far I only have one. Does anyone have any advice for me? Has this happened to anyone else? I am under warranty and I have insurance. Any advice would be very appreciated

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So when you are told to go to store, are they saying it's an issue you should deal with in a store or are they notating your account saying you should get a new phone but the corp. store isn't doing it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Be sure that CS rep is notating your account. Shouldn't be a problem if the account is notated.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

acculver

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
True make sure they note the account and make sure when they tell u to go to The store ask what store.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You should ask them for an EVO or a Photon. Best antennas you'll find in Sprint from what you are describing. I see this a lot. The new Photon Q has a keyboard, but I can't vouch for it's radio yet and it's highly unlikely they are going to give you that model. If I move folks to one of those models in the service center, it usually solves the problem.

If none of the Epics and Shifts got a good signal, it's the model, not the fact it's refurbished. They didn't have the best antennas.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Call them while your at the store then hand the phone to the store manager

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

sweetkissez2003

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for taking the time to read my long rant, LOL, but yes, they claim everything is being notated and told me to go to the corporate store to pick up the new phone..i did ask fr the original evo and they told me they would give me whatever was available in the store at the time...when i got to the store, the exact location cs gave me on the phone, they told me they werent able to just give me a new phone, even after checking my account and probably seeing how many times ive called...the kid at the store told me i'd have to call cs and send my phone fr repairs or something like that

daryllh

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
doesn't make sense. There's obviously a procedural screw up one of the parties is having.

Given what you said, I would get the phone customer service on the line and have a 3-way conversation with them and the manager of the store they told you to go to. That's going to be your best option.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure you have done this a lot but go to settings and go to about phone or whatever it is on that phone and update your prl and profile. That can help with your signal. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I agree. Go to the store. Ask to speak to a manager. If he tells you that he can't give you a phone, then immediately call customer service while at the store and tell them that the manager is refusing to give you a phone. If necessary, put the store manager on the phone with the customer service agent. It should get handled.

Interestingly, I had a similar experience. I had a Evo 3D for about 9 months and then the touchscreen started acting up (wouldn't always register touches in a certain area). I brought it to the store and they ordered a referb replacement, which was on backorder and took a week to come in. When the replacement came in, they had trouble activating it. They got voice working but no data. They told me to call and try to activate it later because there was a network logjam or something. I call twice, but still couldn't get it working. They told me they were ordering a 2nd replacement. The 2nd replace came and it was the wrong phone (a cheap dumbphone). They were in the process of ordering a 3rd replacement (which was still on backorder and would take a week) when I asked to talk to a manager. He gave me a new Galaxy Nexus on the spot. It was a pain, but it worked out well. After almost 3 weeks of dealing with broken phones, I got a brand new GNex for free without using an upgrade.

skife

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I work for a 3rd party retailer.

The odds of you walking into a sprint store and getting a new phone are slim to none, closer to none.
Does the phone just have poor service at home? You could sprint care (*2 on your phone) and tell them you get poor service in your home and have them send you an airrave (highspeed internet require)

What is the service center telling you? 99% of the time if they can find an issue with your phone and can't fix it, they will order you a refurbished replacement, rarely can you get a NEW phone.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I work for a 3rd party retailer.

The odds of you walking into a sprint store and getting a new phone are slim to none, closer to none.
Does the phone just have poor service at home? You could sprint care (*2 on your phone) and tell them you get poor service in your home and have them send you an airrave (highspeed internet require)

What is the service center telling you? 99% of the time if they can find an issue with your phone and can't fix it, they will order you a refurbished replacement, rarely can you get a NEW phone.

3rd party retailers and Sprint Corporate stores have very different rules. Personally I never go to 3rd party retailers with problems because there is very little they can do to help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1