LTE SW Florida...Ft Myers, Cape Coral, Naples

FloridaJay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Will be testing sales demo of LTE "Mobile Hot Spot" in South Naples this afternoon.
Tested here at shop McGregor and Pine Ridge Rd. (Fort Myers) last Monday and had 12 Down 4 Up.
This afternoon test will decide if we will continue 1,000.00 a month with Sprint or move along to Verizon.

1 Bar Signal 4G/LTE Speed Test results 8 Down 1 Up ... Better than 0 Bars Nada from that location with 3G

FloridaJay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
You realize bars have absolutely nothing to do with the strength of your 3G/4G signal right?

Bars Lie for LTE Signal Strength! How to determine your actual LTE signal strength - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

I do realize with 3G when there are no bars I can't make or receive calls and the battery drains very quickly on an Evo. I have been dealing with that black hole for years. And the Sales rep went there as well yesterday and had the "tech" department scratching their heads as well. *shrug* Not to worry.
Verizon has been contacted...

Thanks for the link as well. Informative and the comments are always a plus to read through as well.

Last edited:

TropicalSammich

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
8:30 am 4g LTE by 75 and 951 in Naples on my EVO 4g LTE on and off but when on awsome speeed compared to no existing 3g

Picked up 4G LTE signal this past Tuesday around Central Ave & Goodlette Rd traveling north on Goodlette.

I was so shocked, i immediately took a screen capture which i would share, however the stupid Android Central App no longer accepts my username and password (which work fine on a PC).

Anyways, i then immediately opened up speed test to try and get some numbers, got around 6 DL before the app froze, and kicked my 4G signal back to 3G around the post office on Goodlette.

Needless to say, i have not seen 4G return in the same area. Still in testing i guess :-(

Been a long time coming! That Sprint-Softbank deal needs to close, and then an army of engineers need to get to it on the new hardware on the towers and base stations in Collier County.

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching them working at the tower at Vineyards Elementary (75 and Vanderbilt Beach Rd) for a while... Sadly my phone (GS-II) is non LTE so I can't test for LTE... cannot upgrade till after Sept. Daughter has GS-III but so far hasn't seen LTE come up yet!

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I work just south of Coconut Point on 41 north of old 41 in north side of Bonita and I have been getting hit and miss 4G LTE there the last few days.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I work right on 41 just south of Coconut Point Mall and have strong 4G LTE signal here now, -90 dBm to be exact. Decided this morning to test speeds, here are the results. Not bad!
(And no, I'm not on wifi :)

Sent from my Sprint GS4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367932179619.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367932179619.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 8