LTE SW Florida...Ft Myers, Cape Coral, Naples

Ed_Strong

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Take a look a the official Sprint 4G LTE webpage.

Sprint 4G LTE plan, coverage and speed information

Just select your state and see if your city pops up on their list. :cool:

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Android Central Forums

Not on the list yet... Picked Fort Lauderdale from the list then then scrolled over to the west coast on the map and saw nothing but purple (3G signal) color thru the map area. So I don't think its happening anytime soon...! bummer! :(

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I had issues after JB update and called Sprint last week. The tech looked up tower work for fort myers area and he said it didn't show any work going on in the last two weeks.

So looks like it won't be anytime soon for LTE if there isn't any work in progress.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I will check it out! I live down behind The Sandy Parrot at Alico Rd and 41.

javyduty

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
LTE in N FT. Myers, went to the pine island movie theatre and it was working, also some spots in the cape have it on high floors. Work at the new westin here and it works on the second floor lobby and higher

PreMaster

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I wanted to update this thread. I went to the FT Myers Hammond Stadium to watch the Twins play the Pirates and my 4g Icon lit up. I coudn't get 4g on ft myers beach.. but about 20 miles away at the stadiums I was getting some great speeds. I also got some really good speeds in Jacksonville.

At Hammond Stadium I was getting 15-20 Down and 5+up.. At Jacksonville I was getting 30+ down and 12+Up.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I wanted to update this thread. I went to the FT Myers Hammond Stadium to watch the Twins play the Pirates and my 4g Icon lit up. I coudn't get 4g on ft myers beach.. but about 20 miles away at the stadiums I was getting some great speeds. I also got some really good speeds in Jacksonville.

At Hammond Stadium I was getting 15-20 Down and 5+up.. At Jacksonville I was getting 30+ down and 12+Up.
Looks like FL. has a fair amount of sites deployed. Coverage Maps | 4G - USA - Sprint | Sensorly

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Saturday morning Sprint fired up about 8-10 LTE towers in fort myers/cape coral/bonita area! I had full 4G signal on my S3 at my shop. Mind you it was going on and off all day so they are working on it.
...but won't be long now!

FloridaJay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Will be testing sales demo of LTE "Mobile Hot Spot" in South Naples this afternoon.
Tested here at shop McGregor and Pine Ridge Rd. (Fort Myers) last Monday and had 12 Down 4 Up.
This afternoon test will decide if we will continue 1,000.00 a month with Sprint or move along to Verizon.

FloridaJay

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The 'Sensorly' link appears to be very accurate for the 3G locations that I have issues with in the past couple of years. In Naples, Santa Barbara and Radio Road area, I have located spots through trial and error to be able to send and or receive.
The coverage map indicates these areas very well.
FWIW...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psaturn