New phone/adding line

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I currently have two lines with Sprint and am considering starting up a third to get a new phone. One of my lines will be done in March, so I will just let that one end when that time comes. Adding a third line entails an extra $29.99/month for a smartphone. However, I would like to know if it would be possible to move the new phone to one of my current lines (which are already smartphone ["premium data"] lines) and then drop the new line to the $19.99 non-smartphone level. I ask because I'm aware that Sprint lets you change your plan mid-contract, but I don't know if the new agreement requires the line to be configured as a smartphone line for the full two years (given the subsidy one receives).

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You can do as you suggested. You can also just pay the etf for the second line. The etf should be cheaper than keeping a third line open since you only have a few months left.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The last 6 months should be $50. I would wait till the end of the month till you decide on a phone there is a lot about to come out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

logicalform

May 26, 2010
Visit site
support.sprint.com/supt/article/Learn_about_early_termination_fee/case-sp061027-20110823-171256
According to there, it's $100 for smartphones :/ Sprint has really been upping the fees lately (like doubling the activation/upgrade fee). All these fees combined with CA residents having to pay tax on the full "value" of the phone are making it really hard for me to support my irresponsible habits...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1