Selling Galaxy S3

kgonzalez16

May 15, 2011
Visit site
So I currently have an S3 under 2 year contract with sprint. I am giving the line to my son but trying to sell the S3 to give him a different phone.

My question is when I sell the S3 on craigslist or ebay it will still be considered a clean esn right? My account is not delinquent and is on time and all.

Any suggestions?

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You would need to put another device on that line first before you sell the s3 and then it will be all free and clear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
You positive?

Yup I'm positive. Went through this myself when I sold my gs3 last month. Just threw on my old HTC hero on my line and then factory reset the gs3 and sold it

You can always call sprint when you are done and make sure the ESN is clear before you sell it. I did this too just in case

pitmasterme

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sell the gs3 to cancel to the line? Thought u just wanted to get him a new phone for that line............. If he just wants a different phone, offer it for trade or sell and the buy off cl or eBay or whatever site you prefer............

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
Well my plan is to sell it than cancel the contract with the money...

As long as your phone is on that line you can't sell it with a clean ESN. If you have a back up phone or a friend with an old phone you would need to throw that on the line first before you sell the gs3. So it isn't on your account. Or you would need to cancel the line and pay the etf first in order for the ESN to be clean if you aren't giving the line to your son.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad