Which phone to get?

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes swappa is legit. I looked at a Optimus G today at Frys and I must say it is a very nice phone. I like it a lot.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Had the EVO LTE and had way too many problems to enjoy.. Sprint traded me out with the S3 and trust me... Im a convert!!
Really love this Samsung.. I also installed Nove Launcher Prime and it just helps the phone shine even more..

Cash Money Castro

Same thing with me. Wanted to love the the Evo 4G LTE (had a Evo 4G previously) but just too many problems. Swapped it out for an SIII and I've been a happy camper ever since.

All the new phones should be coming out in late March through May. So if you can, wait it out for the new phones like the HTC 1 or S4. If you can't I'd go with an S3 or GNote 2. Perfectly good devices imo.

romeytang

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That HTC One that was announced today looks freaking awesome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I saw that announcement and wow does that phone look suhweet! I am most likely getting it since I have to wait for some money to come from Gazelle anyway. Would make me happier to buy from HTC anyway. Nice to see they have some mojo left in the tank.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Great hardware now they just have to support it with software. That's were HTC lacks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

romeytang

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
That leak does look pretty cool but I have my doubts that they will get rid of their beloved amoled technology but weirder things have happened. I thought I remember hearing that Samsung was gonna with the curved, nature inspired look for the S4 also.

I think HTC has done a much better job with the "new sense" than the last four versions. Besides the blinkfeed feature, which I'll probably just ignore, the rest of the skin looks much flatter and less 3D than the last version. And it's a phone camera I can care less how good it works long as it can grab those quick shots I am ok.

I don't really see any problem with the two button layout. Least they aren't putting a menu button in. Look at how many iPhones they have sold and they only have one button. Maybe it will take getting used to but again I don't think the two button thing is a deal breaker

romeytang

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I ended up going with the HTC One. Got a good deal from the Sprint rep at the store too so I couldn't be happier with the price I got it for.

So far everything is going great. I absolutely love the screen on this phone as many others have said it's gorgeous. Coming from and iPhone 5 I am still adjusting to the size but that will come in time I am sure.

Still in the process of tweaking it to my liking but I haven't had any major gripes with Sense 5. I changed my keyboard to SwiftKey and immediately relegated to the far left screen and change my default home screen to something more traditional.

Can't say I am dissatisfied at all. This phone is pretty much exactly what I was looking for. About the only better device on Sprint for me at this point would be a new Nexus device. Seeing then odds are slim of that happening I am happy. Least if I get bored I can use different launchers now, huzzah for android :)

Sent from my HTCONE using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I just saw the HTC One last night at an att store. I must say if I was getting a new device it would be the One. Screen looks nice and the build is just great! Plus it looks awesome. The S4 was nice too. But after having an S3 for a while I have grown to hate the home button personally but I know a lot of people who love it at the same time too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith