Who will be picking up a Galaxy S4 when they are released?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
IMO, Samsung has done it again. The Galaxy S4 looks really cool.
Release around the middle/end of April.

Who will be grabbing one of these?

I am going to try. :-$

Mav. :cool:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I will see what Sprint will do to work with me since my contract is up soon (not soon enough). If they work with me I'll probably upgrade.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
The S4 isn't coming out until May or June. It will be out in Europe in April.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

buffdaddy72

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm locked into my contract until early 2014, so me and my S3 are going to sit this round out. I do like the new phone, but I don't like it enough to break my contract or buy it outright for $600-$700.

Guess I'll be waiting for the S5, Note 3, Nexus or even this Moto X-phone that's been rumored.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
The S4 isn't coming out until May or June. It will be out in Europe in April.

Wait. I am not in Europe? My mistake. :p

April. May. Whatever it takes.

Wonder if Sprint will let me buy out the rest if my contract like they did last time...
I will ask once the release day is set.

Anybody else on the S4 bandwagon?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus at Stark Industries.

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I am not too convinced of staying with Sprint right now. But if lte pops up here soon, which it is supposed to, I will probably grab it. I just don't trust HTC with unlocking their phone es and providing timely updates, and the One doesn't have a removable back. I am leaving in a few minutes for a interview with Sprint so if I do get the job then I will stay also, so I will see. But as a phone I think it is the best one out. It is shipping with 4.2.2 and the One is shipping with 4.1.2 that tells you something right there.

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
The S4 is on my shortlist BUT:

1. I want to see what Sprint's Z10 alternative looks like before I commit.
2. There's a good chance that you can save a few hundred bucks picking it up on Sprint's Black Friday deal sort of like how the S3 was $50 last year.

SERO wireless

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Guess I'll be waiting for the S5, Note 3, Nexus or even this Moto X-phone that's been rumored.

There's no guarantee that all of these phones will make it to Sprint. Moto is probably the least likely since they've been saving the good stuff for Verizon and AT&T and making middle-of-the-road phones with hardware keyboards for Sprint the last few years to cater to migrating Blackberry users. Google's scorched earth policy (not updating Android for many Moto phones - Photon, XPRT, Admiral - after Moto promised that they would provide upgrade support for 18 months then stranding users in a Gingerbread ghetto) has left many Sprint customers unlikely to trust them again.

Sprint's got quite a few iPhones left to sell and giving consumers too many non-iPhone choices won't help them with that. With Samsung, LG and HTC providing flagship Android phones will Sprint want to offer another Android option?

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I find out Tuesday if I get the job. They are interviewing 15 people and was number 2. The last of the interviews are Tuesday. So hopefully it turns out well. I don't do very well at interviews but I know I would be good at the job. Its all about selling yourself though. Wait and see.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I hope it does come in April. But there is no way it is.

Last edited:

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I heard from a regional manager from a corporate store that the S4 won't be out until July on Sprint.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I heard from a regional manager from a corporate store that the S4 won't be out until July on Sprint.
Well that would both suck and wipe. :banghead:
Guess time will tell.
I did hear that AT&T will be the only carrier getting the 64GB version along with a couple of interesting colors.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

Have you heard yet about the job? Hope you get /got it.

Sent from my unrooted 32 GB Polish Samsung Galaxy GT I9300 running 4.1.2.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Have you heard yet about the job? Hope you get /got it.

No job with Sprint although my friend is getting me a job as a radio technician so I will be doing something that I would enjoy even more. Thanks for your thoughts.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Well that would both suck and wipe. :banghead:
Guess time will tell.
I did hear that AT&T will be the only carrier getting the 64GB version along with a couple of interesting colors.

I heard the 64gb thing about the HTC One not the S4, at&t is supposed to have the S4 available for LTE order 4-16. And T-Mobile say they ship the S4 May 1st. So I don't know, the guy said it is because they don't want to release it because of LTE or something, I never really believe what anyone says at any carrier store because I don't think I've ever come across an employee that has told the truth 100% or knew exactly what they were talking about. I believe it will be out well before July. I'm thinking May sometime.

sfrrr

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
No job with Sprint although my friend is getting me a job as a radio technician so I will be doing something that I would enjoy even more. Thanks for your thoughts.

It does sound more interesting. Congrats.