4G in San Antonio, TX

misplacedhatred

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Well after manually updating to froyo, I have noticed that my 4G speeds have increased. I live in an area that could barely get signal and was averaging about 1.5 mbps. I'm averaging from 2.5 to 5.5 (max) where I live. IDK if Sprint just opened the 4G floodgates or if 2.2 has given the radio more bandwidth to play with.. Just wanted to state my experience in TX. Anyone else noticed better speeds? or worst speeds?

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have. Speeds aren't hit as high as yours but weaker signals run faster and more stable now.

misplacedhatred

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I think my speed is probably because i'm on the third floor of my town home.. I figure the higher i am, the more likely the signal will hit without interference..

hodedofome

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
It's not something Sprint did, its the radio update in 2.2 that gave the phone better 4g and WiFi reception. People using Clear 4g and sprint modems have always had better 4g speeds than Evo users. It's all in the devices reception.

Sent from my iPhone j/k!

slayerpsp

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Im getting 4g in Anaheim ca and its not even listed . Im getting only one bar most the time at my house but its still faster then 3g thank you Sprint HTC Im running Ava-FroyoV3RevA