Discount applied to my upgrade?

Xaoh

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just recently got a new phone after a couple years of being stuck on my Samsung epic. Now very happy with my free Samsung nexus I have really only one concern.

I have a 25% discount because of who I work for and I got the new phone online and was forced to choose my plan once again for the new phone. Recently I got an email saying I need to verify my discount but it says my information is incorrect (because sprints website knows better than I do what my information is I guess).

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it something that will just work itself out or will I have to call sprint and go through this process with them. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I got the same message and it would not confirm the employment info that I entered.
Somewhere on that site you can print off an info sheet, fill it out and then fax it in. That is what I did and they acknowledged my continuing discount.
So I got that going for me. Which is nice.
Mav. :cool:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus at Stark Industries.

Xaoh

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Was hoping to avoid hoops like that. Thanks though might have to do that.

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I just recently got a new phone after a couple years of being stuck on my Samsung epic. Now very happy with my free Samsung nexus I have really only one concern.

I have a 25% discount because of who I work for and I got the new phone online and was forced to choose my plan once again for the new phone. Recently I got an email saying I need to verify my discount but it says my information is incorrect (because sprints website knows better than I do what my information is I guess).

Has anyone had this problem before? Is it something that will just work itself out or will I have to call sprint and go through this process with them. Thanks.

It is something they started sometime last year to prevent people who no longer qualified for discounts from getting them. Verizon started something similar this year by sending random notices confirming eligibility. It's their way of saving even more money even after raising prices and taking away member benefits. At least Sprint has sort of kept their prices down.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

tndank

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Now, when signing a new contract, you must re-verify your discount. Usually a painless process but there are times it's a pain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs