Need some help

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Not if this is gonna get blocked but I'm going to ask it anyway. My brother reported his phone lost a while back and is now trying to give that phone to someone else. Will sprint block the esn of the phone that was reported lost?

sent from my phone as hot as the sun

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Boy, what is it with brothers of people on this forum. :p

Most likely the esn is already blacklisted. He really should return it to Assurion, but sounds like this given your wording it sounds like this was intentional on his part. Unless flashed to another carrier it would on be a very undersized tablet working on wifi.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Boy, what is it with brothers of people on this forum. :p

Most likely the esn is already blacklisted. He really should return it to Assurion, but sounds like this given your wording it sounds like this was intentional on his part. Unless flashed to another carrier it would on be a very undersized tablet working on wifi.

If it sounds confusing then I'm sorry it sounded good in my head(everything always does :p) but he to rephrase he reported it lost so he can give his note 2 to someone else. Would the phone still be usable on another network?

lilotimz

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
If it sounds confusing then I'm sorry it sounded good in my head(everything always does :p) but he to rephrase he reported it lost so he can give his note 2 to someone else. Would the phone still be usable on another network?

That sounds like he's trying to commit fraud... but to answer your question. Unless it is a CDMA MVNO and he knows how to flash it to their services, nope, blacklisted ESN.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like he's trying to commit fraud... but to answer your question. Unless it is a CDMA MVNO and he knows how to flash it to their services, nope, blacklisted ESN.

K thanks I've been trying to tell him it won't work. But it's 1 versus 3 (brother, his gf, and my dad) right now. :/

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Nope, you said it exactly right. This is the second "brother" about to commit fraud in a week.

If he does go through with this and doesn't turn the phone back in to Assurion saying that it was found, make sure you THANK HIM from all of us for keeping our insurance rates high!!

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Nope, you said it exactly right. This is the second "brother" about to commit fraud in a week.

If he does go through with this and doesn't turn the phone back in to Assurion saying that it was found, make sure you THANK HIM from all of us for keeping our insurance rates high!!

Well he's already filed a claim. I told him it was fraud and then he proceeds to call me a "textbook nerd". Unfortunately he really doesn't think things through. -.- can I call in instead and say that his phone has been found?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well he's already filed a claim. I told him it was fraud and then he proceeds to call me a "textbook nerd". Unfortunately he really doesn't think things through. -.- can I call in instead and say that his phone has been found?

You probably can, but honestly I don't know what good it will do. They would probably contact him and he would most likely say it's still lost. As soon as he filed a claim it will be blacklisted. No one will be able to activate it on Sprint. If they try, whoever tries might get in trouble too. The only thing the phone would be good for would be as a wifi device without some rooting and moving to a prepaid cdma carrier.

At this point I hope he does it again, then I hope he really does lose his phone - then he will have to pay full price to get another.

klokateer123

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You probably can, but honestly I don't know what good it will do. They would probably contact him and he would most likely say it's still lost. As soon as he filed a claim it will be blacklisted. No one will be able to activate it on Sprint. If they try, whoever tries might get in trouble too. The only thing the phone would be good for would be as a wifi device without some rooting and moving to a prepaid cdma carrier.

At this point I hope he does it again, then I hope he really does lose his phone - then he will have to pay full price to get another.

Hmm I see. But can the phone still be active on another carrier like cricket?