Assurion let you down too?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just curious how many of you out there got defective refurbs from Assurion?

Wife shattered her screen, got a replacement from Assurion and worked perfectly except the microphone wouldn't work when on a phone call. So back that one goes and we'll wait and see what the next one does...

Anyone out there send a HTC EVO 4G LTE because the mic wouldn't pick up your voice during a call? If so, the phone looked in great shape, but still didn't work.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I haven't really had great experiences with device insurance companies like Asurion. You pay the deductible, hopefully don't have any issues with the company (Asurion, etc.) or with the claim itself, and get a CLN/remanufactured device that may or may not have existing problems.

And then there are devices like the Nexus 4. It starts new at $299, the insurance deductible with Asurion is $150, and the cost of Asurion's protection through T-Mobile's Premium Handset Protection plans is around $7.50/month, if I remember correctly. If you have protection for six months before needing a replacement, a new Nexus 4 is $100 more than a 'remanufactured' one. If you make it a year without any accidental damage, it's only $50 more than an insured replacement device. While that's worth it for some people, it isn't for me at all.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't really had great experiences with device insurance companies like Asurion. You pay the deductible, hopefully don't have any issues with the company (Asurion, etc.) or with the claim itself, and get a CLN/remanufactured device that may or may not have existing problems.

And then there are devices like the Nexus 4. It starts new at $299, the insurance deductible with Asurion is $150, and the cost of Asurion's protection through T-Mobile's Premium Handset Protection plans is around $7.50/month, if I remember correctly. If you have protection for six months before needing a replacement, a new Nexus 4 is $100 more than a 'remanufactured' one. If you make it a year without any accidental damage, it's only $50 more than an insured replacement device. While that's worth it for some people, it isn't for me at all.
But that only works with the N4. For everything else, it's $600 min to get a new phone. I have a friend that loses her iPhone more often than a model changes clothes during Fashion Week. She'd be lost without insurance.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, here we go again. 2nd refurbished phone they sent worked great for a week then the wifi just stopped working completely. Sprint store has now ordered a 3rd one. 3rd times a charm, right?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I went through 4 replacements in two weeks with Sprint/Assurion. Finally after #4 was bad straight out of the box they gave me the option to swap to a completely different device of equal value.

But then other times for my wife and daughter we've had replacements and first time was always the charm.. go figure.....

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Ugh, here we go again. 2nd refurbished phone they sent worked great for a week then the wifi just stopped working completely. Sprint store has now ordered a 3rd one. 3rd times a charm, right?

Just to let you know, the phones that Sprint order in the store are not from asurion. Sometimes asurion phones will be brand new, all the phones ordered from Sprint store are refurbs. That's the reason you get so many that go bad again. I had several refurbs go out on me from Sprint. Never had issue when I paid my deductible with asurion and they replaced my phone.
So again, asurion replacements are different from the in store Sprint replacements.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs