Sprint Airave

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Who has one and are they worth it? Around Jacksonville I get good coverage everywhere.. But I just bought a house that seems to be in a dead spot. When in the house I'll have 1 bar if I am lucky.. Or I go roaming. So I was thinking of calling Sprint about an Airave. Does anyone have one? Does it help? Also does it use a ton of your Internet bandwidth or only a little?

Thanks in advance :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Last edited:

SmileyBourne

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
We were in a dead area at our house, we was always dropping calls. We only have one bar. It suck. I investigated it sprint wanted 129.99 for a Airave. Amazon wanted 60.00 dollars. Yup I went with Amazon. Now we have four bars and is like we have tower at our house. The best thing we ever did.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Android Central Forums

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
If you call and nicely press the matter, and get the right rep, you could get one free and no monthly fee. That happened with me when I started dropping calls constantly and losing data. With the Airave everything is wonderful now.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
If you call and nicely press the matter, and get the right rep, you could get one free and no monthly fee. That happened with me when I started dropping calls constantly and losing data. With the Airave everything is wonderful now.

Yuppp, this is what I did.

Now I have full signal strength and constant 3mbps download on 3g

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I called Friday. They are investigating the towers in my area and are suppose to call me this afternoon.. So we shall see. If they don't help me out I may have to leave.. I get no calls in my house :(.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I called Friday. They are investigating the towers in my area and are suppose to call me this afternoon.. So we shall see. If they don't help me out I may have to leave.. I get no calls in my house :(.

Cool

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't give me and Airave since I am still in my first two year with them.. So I just called again and used my dad's account (I know all his info) and said he wants one.. And they gave it to him for free since he has been a customer since 96.

Either way.. I'm happy now. An Airave is on the way to my dad's house and I'll just take it to mine and plug it in. Signal issue should be solved then :). I'll update once I get it to let others know how it is.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't give me and Airave since I am still in my first two year with them.. So I just called again and used my dad's account (I know all his info) and said he wants one.. And they gave it to him for free since he has been a customer since 96.

Either way.. I'm happy now. An Airave is on the way to my dad's house and I'll just take it to mine and plug it in. Signal issue should be solved then :). I'll update once I get it to let others know how it is.

That's bull****. I got mine 6 months into my first contract year.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
That's bull****. I got mine 6 months into my first contract year.....

Sent from my Galaxy S3?

Oh I figured it was... They just wouldn't budge from it. So I just did my little workaround and one is on the way :).

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

If the rep can't solve the problem to your liking, always ask to speak to a supervisor. They should have given it to you, no matter how long you've had the service. In fact, it's the normal policy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If the rep can't solve the problem to your liking, always ask to speak to a supervisor. They should have given it to you, no matter how long you've had the service. In fact, it's the normal policy.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I probably should of. Especially since I told the girl to let me walk in my house.. And I did.. Call dropped. She called back (I walked outside to ensure signal) and I said see? But she didn't want to budge so I went and did what I did... Supervisor probably would of given it to me.

jhill110

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

Well, my gf switched to sprint on black Friday and got her's about 2 weeks later.

You may also have a problem with using your dad's airave. Sprint keeps track of its location by gps. The manual says you must change the service address through sprint's site (my account) to use it at a different location . If this effects the usability or not I don't know. Just something to think about.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Well, my gf switched to sprint on black Friday and got her's about 2 weeks later.

You may also have a problem with using your dad's airave. Sprint keeps track of its location by gps. The manual says you must change the service address through sprint's site (my account) to use it at a different location . If this effects the usability or not I don't know. Just something to think about.

Sent From The Galaxy VIA Subspace

I'll just swap it if it won't work. I should have it by tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It works! Here is a before and after shot. I don't have it in the middle of the house (I will soon) and it should be great all over the house :).

Note: the before was taken a few days ago to show a friend why I rarely got their texts when home.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1369871204554.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369871204554.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 40
  • uploadfromtaptalk1369871210780.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1369871210780.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
They are absolutely tracked by GPS. They will charge daddy for the thing!!

Posted via Android Central App

It's been 3 months and absolutely no charge. So.. Yeah no they won't.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae