GS3 vs LG Optimus G

weston87

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
OK I'm trying to help my wife decide between these two phones. I want to know what you all think about them. And give me the pros and con's of them both. I have an S3 so I know more about it than the lg. Thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Slll using TapaTalk!

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I just got the LG and I am blown away by the speed. I think the quad core processor make a real difference in smoothness. S3 is only dual core.

Also I believe the screen on the S3 is considered to be the weakest of the major phones last year.

On the other hand, there are far fewer accessories made specifically for the LG. There is a much wider variety of cases available for the GS3 for example.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
LGOG, hands down.

More powerful (Quad-core vs. dual-core)
Better display (IPS vs. AMOLED)
Larger internal storage (32GB vs. 16GB) (though no removable storage)
Better cameras
Far more premium feeling device; looks terrific

Last edited:

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
No contest. OGP is far superior. Don't believe me? Go to ATT and check it out for yourself. Besides, kind of an unfair comparison because OGP is brand new and SG3 is close to 1.5 years old now.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Android Central Forums

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
No contest. OGP is far superior. Don't believe me? Go to ATT and check it out for yourself. Besides, kind of an unfair comparison because OGP is brand new and SG3 is close to 1.5 years old now.

The GS3 is barely one year old, and the LGOG was released last November; the Optimus G is roughly six months newer than the GS3.

djw39

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site

Hold on a minute: the Pro version is a totally different phone, a competitor to the Galaxy Note series. Also, pretty sure the GS3 has 2GB of RAM just like the LG Optimus G.

Anyway, in general LG is the challenger here, and their strategy is to release phones 6 months after Samsung with a bit of a spec bump. So if you can get them for the same price it could be considered a good deal. It depends on how much you value Samsung's software contributions. For me, I try to disable as much of that stuff as possible, so the specs are more important.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Hold on a minute: the Pro version is a totally different phone, a competitor to the Galaxy Note series. Also, pretty sure the GS3 has 2GB of RAM just like the LG Optimus G.

Anyway, in general LG is the challenger here, and their strategy is to release phones 6 months after Samsung with a bit of a spec bump. So if you can get them for the same price it could be considered a good deal. It depends on how much you value Samsung's software contributions. For me, I try to disable as much of that stuff as possible, so the specs are more important.

Noticed that too.

But the OP is asking about the S3 and LGOG, regardless of that users misinterpretation.

GiantJay

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Why not the S4 or HTC One. If you look on Amazon or Wirefly you can get those for $150 or a little less on a contract.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney